advertisement

Things that go walkie's

CJ14

O.H.
The idiot who stole it sold it to a guy in Somerset. I will never get it back.

It was designed for Maggy Speakers and it was 50W/8R, 100W/4R, 200W/2R, 400W/1R in stereo, or 800W/0.5R Mono or 200W/8R, 400W/4R, 800W/2R and only 1200W/1R mono bridge.

A few dealer tried it and on Wharfedale Diamond is was amazing, and one dealer sold lots of Diamonds because of it.

It was a beast, the guy who stole left it unused for nearly 40yrs it was covered in crap and found only a mile away from my old factory on Canvey Island. He also stole a Claymore and a FMT tuner from me, thanks Dodger, yes YOU in Canvey.
Now it is in a home I will approve of and cared for.

32702497_2026227367695334_3061003482254278656_o.jpg

Strange coincidence but I built a power amp for a hi fi dealer in Darlington which they used to successfully sell lots of speakers and then lent it to a supposed good customer for a weekend... and never heard from him again or saw the amp again....

Its a funny old world. I've had all sorts of kit from Hi Fi lounge (shameless plug on the horizon) without leaving any money or credit card, and I know that Paul does this a lot from listening to other customers at his events. Most of us would not steal goods under these circumstances. I often say to Lady N just how much equipment has gone walkies from him under these circumstances. But I suppose one gets a nose for people who are OK and act accordingly. I bet Pauls losses are small. Looking forward to attending the Hi Fi Lounge Boys day out at the end of the month and catching up on the motor racing stuff. Wish it was on Saturday so that I miss ginger boys wedding borrox. Bah house full of gushing women tanking up on Pimms & bubbles so that they can shed tears before the end. But that's another thread entirely.......

I was once in Gilson Audio in Middlesbrough many many years ago and had been chatting with staff for about 20 mins when a couple of chavs ran full pelt into the shop, grabbed a CD player and ran out again!! An elderly gentlemen who looked like a retired Spitfire pilot of about 85 (you know the type) assumed I must be "part of the gang" and started prodding me with his walking stick until the manager shouted at him to please stop assaulting a good customer! By the time the younger salesman had got out of the shop they must have been at least 100 yards away so he didn't bother chasing them...

I was reminiscing recently about the days when people used to nick CDs and even review copies had to kept under lock and key. Now, like a lot of this stuff, you can’t even give it away to charity shops...

advertisement

Back