advertisement

these are the puppys.....

Fitnessed

pfm Member

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I'm rather taken aback that a respected trade seller included so much idiotic AI gobbledegook in the item description. For example: "These rectangular speakers are made from high-quality wood".

That is wrong on so many levels.

I'm rather taken aback that a respected trade seller included so much idiotic AI gobbledegook in the item description. For example: "These rectangular speakers are made from high-quality wood".

That is wrong on so many levels.
dont understand your point tbh....

I'm talking about the first two paragraphs of the item description. I'll quote them here, in full - I trust the seller doesn't object:

"Experience unparalleled quality sound with the Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy System 7 in Obsidian Black Gloss. These rectangular speakers are made from high-quality wood and deliver a powerful RMS power of 600W with an impedance of 8 Ohms. The Hi End Audio features come alive with wired connectivity and spade audio inputs, making these speakers an ideal fit for any home audio and HiFi separates system.

Enjoy the music with a universal compatible model and a manufacturer warranty of 3 months. The Wilson Audio brand is a trusted name in the audio industry, and the System Configuration of 2.0 channels with front right and left speakers make these speakers a must-have for any audio enthusiast."

I'm 100% certain this was written by an AI, based on the 'Item specifics' entered by the seller - it has all the hallmarks of it. Personally I find this gushing sales-waffle intensely irritating. It rarely conveys any useful information, and often actually contains factual errors. I'm surprised that sellers use it - if you're selling an item at a cool £5k, I'd have thought you'd take the time to write an individual item description. If you can't write something better than this AI did, you probably shouldn't be selling hifi for a living.

In this particular case, there are several factual errors. One, Watt Puppys are not really 'rectangular' - the Watts are trapezoidal. Two, the cabinets use proprietary polymer or composite materials: WIlson Audio calls them 'M material' and 'X material'. They are not 'high-quality wood'. Three, the manufacter's impedance spec is 4 ohms, not 8. Fourth, they don't 'deliver' 600W of power; they are passive speakers. Fifth, maybe a three month warranty is offered by the seller, but I'm confident it's not a manufacturer's warranty.

Leaving aside errors, there's a total absence of logic. Why would the fact that this is a stereo pair make them a 'must-have for any audio enthusiast'? It's idiotic!

Last edited:
Incidentally, if I was interested in buying these (which I'm not), I'd be asking about why the woofers were 'refoamed' a couple of years ago. The woofers in the version 7 were supposed to have had rubber surrounds, unlike the foam surrounds of the earlier versions. So the surrounds shouldn't have degraded. Unless I'm missing something?

I'm talking about the first two paragraphs of the item description. I'll quote them here, in full - I trust the seller doesn't object:

"Experience unparalleled quality sound with the Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy System 7 in Obsidian Black Gloss. These rectangular speakers are made from high-quality wood and deliver a powerful RMS power of 600W with an impedance of 8 Ohms. The Hi End Audio features come alive with wired connectivity and spade audio inputs, making these speakers an ideal fit for any home audio and HiFi separates system.

Enjoy the music with a universal compatible model and a manufacturer warranty of 3 months. The Wilson Audio brand is a trusted name in the audio industry, and the System Configuration of 2.0 channels with front right and left speakers make these speakers a must-have for any audio enthusiast."

I'm 100% certain this was written by an AI, based on the 'Item specifics' entered by the seller - it has all the hallmarks of it. Personally I find this gushing sales-waffle intensely irritating. It rarely conveys any useful information, and often actually contains factual errors. I'm surprised that sellers use it - if you're selling an item at a cool £5k, I'd have thought you'd take the time to write an individual item description. If you can't write something better than this AI did, you probably shouldn't be selling hifi for a living.

In this particular case, there are several factual errors. One, Watt Puppys are not really 'rectangular' - the Watts are trapezoidal. Two, the cabinets use proprietary polymer or composite materials: WIlson Audio calls them 'M material' and 'X material'. They are not 'high-quality wood'. Three, the manufacter's impedance spec is 4 ohms, not 8. Fourth, they don't 'deliver' 600W of power; they are passive speakers. Fifth, maybe a three month warranty is offered by the seller, but I'm confident it's not a manufacturer's warranty.

Leaving aside errors, there a total absence of logic. Why would the fact that this is a stereo pair make them a 'must-have for any audio enthusiast'? It's idiotic!
I think I posted on here about this AI description trend idiocy a couple of months ago. A worrying development- how anyone trying to make a serious effort to sell higher-end goods could possibly find it acceptable is beyond me.

There was a Facebook posting when these were first marketed. They were John Roberts personal speakers who runs Midland Audio Exchange. A lot of part exchange kit passes through supported by the eBay feedback number.

... They were John Roberts personal speakers who runs Midland Audio Exchange ...
That makes the inclusion of AI description even more puzzling. I've bought from John in the past, several years back - he made a good impression.

advertisement

Back