advertisement

There goes that bass line..

How about The Pixies ?some killer bass lines, mostly courtesy of Kim Deal
However this clip is a more recent live performance, I think it's a great version though

Recently going through the Renaissance reissues, I was reminded of what a good bassist Jon Camp was:

A little derivative of Chris Squire / John Entwistle but as a fan of the Rickenbacker sound, it does it for me.

My all time favourite bass, from Mick Karn. Have this on a 7", must give it a spin.

I did not even realise he had died until I looked him up on Wikipedia.

John ford on year of the cat by Al Stewart

John Ford on “take a little word” by Hudson Ford.

check it out. One of those awesome obscure tracks that riffs, rocks and funks, driven by a really tasty bass line. He almost has the JJ Burnel barracuda bass feel, but with much more groove.

John Ford on “take a little word” by Hudson Ford.

check it out. One of those awesome obscure tracks that riffs, rocks and funks, driven by a really tasty bass line. He almost has the JJ Burnel barracuda bass feel, but with much more groove.

Pretty good, thanks for sharing! :cool:

Just listened to Black station, white station from Martha and the Muffins and the bass track is near perfect IMO !
Thanks madmike for starting this thread, that helped me rediscover Mark King from Level 42, an album that was collecting dust 2 weeks ago !

Most melodic and inventive has to be Tony Reeve's work on Greeslade's Melange.

Most technically brilliant would be Colin Hodgkinson with Backdoor. Either Lieutenant Pigeon or 32:20 Blues.

How about The Pixies ?some killer bass lines, mostly courtesy of Kim Deal
However this clip is a more recent live performance, I think it's a great version though

Kim deal is terrific.

I'd add bone machine and gigantic. There must be plenty more.

Pretty much most of JJ Burnel’s work done on his green sick coloured precision but this Solo outing has a soft spot for me...huge influence....

Spy in the Cab for me. Perfecting the art of looking Cool AF while doing almost nothing at all.

Bauhaus were always magnificent live on the few times i saw them. The David Jay autobiography is a good read btw, peppered with anecdote, witchcraft, magick etc.

Some, of those Early Bauhaus gigs were indistinguishable from modern pagan rites. And that was immediately before them Goffs. Witchcraft and punk rock have always gone together so well and now we have an even more interesting intersection: Furries, Witchcraft and Punk and hard core game console inspired electronica all at the same time. Seriously, the kids are alright. Music is in great hands.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back