advertisement

Theme no 116 - Beer - ends Tuesday 30th Oct

Respect at the altar please....

P1030102.jpg

CruzCampo! I remember seeing this in Spain many years ago and wondering if they had thought about targeting the English speaking gay bar market.

Thanks Joel. Friday night in the Temple Bar would have made for some great photo opportunities but there was no way the camera was going down there. End of a long week and a cracking night out. Harviestoun Bitter and Twisted was superb.

Yes, it tasted very good. 3 parts imperial stout, 1 part mead. Very rich and dark. Purchased in near Brentwood, N. California. Some discussion here.

Not easy... Not easy at all, when I'm club judging I can easily alienate the "birds on sticks" brigade, and make pointless observations about mount colours, be rude about models who turn out to be in the audience, and be generally inconsistent in my comments. Here, I think I will just be true to my prejudices and award the prize to:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8196/8134000870_b7b46d0618_c.jpg
This just sums up beer for me, pub, fire, ale... Wonder what it would be like in (muted) colour?
Well done everyone, if I'd been a lager drinker the result may well have been different.

Cool! Thanks. Mark - as much as I like US microbrews, I'll take a Fullers any day of the week. For one thing it's not 6% :)

I'll post up another theme later, and see if I can also put up a color version -- I was very torn between the two versions, but recall the highlights looked a little off in the color version, so went with the b&w.

The colour of beer is very important (and can alter your perception of the taste) but the simplification of monochrome is useful in images like this.

8154161956_105bba6c8c_c.jpg

The color version - as I said, I was torn, but the highlights in the beer glass just didn't seem right.

Still nice image though... beer looks a bit too cold and a bit off bright, but thats a beer issue, not a photography issue!

advertisement

Back