advertisement

The worst Music DVD in the World ever ????

dss

Musical Bons
I saw this at the weekend...

10 DVD set - The Best of Dad Rock

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=731901&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

Highlights :

"Compilation of clips featuring some of the biggest names in rock performing their greatest hits. Features the likes of Bill Wyman, Procol Harum, Whitesnake, Chris Rea, Ron Wood, Steve Marriot, Alexis Korner, Leon Russell, Rick Wakeman, Edgar Winter and many more..."

No, no, no, ten times no.

DS

ITD - Slices #3 (Electronic music DVD magazine)

dss said:
I saw this at the weekend...

10 DVD set - The Best of Dad Rock

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=731901&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

Highlights :

"Compilation of clips featuring some of the biggest names in rock performing their greatest hits. Features the likes of...Whitesnake,

Would you Adam & Eve it, I'm listening to Whitesnake's 1987 as I type this very message. "In the Still of the Night" is truly a fabulous slab of brainless, irony-free codpiece heavy metal. The rest of the album is bouffant 80s cobblers with only moments of aceness (not to mention ambiguous sexuality), alas.

Saw this cracker advertised on TV last night - how dead would you be if you bought that for your wife?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
RichardH said:
Saw this cracker advertised on TV last night - how dead would you be if you bought that for your wife?

LOL! S'funny how the CDs advertised for Mother's Day always assume the mother in question is 'into' cheesy MoR stuff.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Are we supposed to see irony in the choice of the opening track (Queen - I Want To Break Free), or is whoever put this drivel together challenging the braindead paradigm?

dss said:
Highlights :

"Compilation of clips featuring some of the biggest names in rock performing their greatest hits. Features the likes of Bill Wyman, Procol Harum, Whitesnake, Chris Rea, Ron Wood, Steve Marriot, Alexis Korner, Leon Russell, Rick Wakeman, Edgar Winter and many more..."

I must admit to being surprised at Alexis Korner being listed amongst that lot - I recall him mainly for stuff he did in the 60's UK blues boom.

advertisement

Back