advertisement

The World's Largest Record Collection

Interesting! At $3m (if it is still not sold) there must be a music loving multi millionaire or billionaire who could buy and house this lifetime's work.

As to being the worlds "largest" collection, I have seen a few contenders on the net including a wealthy South American "collector" (I use that word sarcastically) who bought everything and anything vinyl and had other collections delivered to him in a dumpster truck and literally tipped out into his warehouse yard. He had a team of agents scouring the planet and buying for him.

I bet there are still PF's who have stuff they needed though.

(if it is still not sold)

Check on YouTube and it sold to a Brazilian colector not too long after the video. Whether it has happened or not, but the claim was that it would become some sort of museum, but it deosn't say where.

AgA6dYu6PjksyTE8KL7vxpMvGdVUa1Nk2pGcRCvxWo0.jpg

Check on YouTube and it sold to a Brazilian colector not too long after the video. Whether it has happened or not, but the claim was that it would become some sort of museum, but it deosn't say where.

Yeah, I think he is the guy I was referring to, as paulfromcamden said, the Brazilian collectors name is "Zero Freitas"

I wonder how enormous collections like this are organised to ensure everything can be located. Are they all filed alphabetically or by genre etc? I'm guessing they must need a barcode sticker or shelf reference or something.

I misplace records between my living room and the shelves in my spare room!

advertisement

Back