advertisement

The Wobbling Rolling Stones..

Sorry about that, although I suspect they played somewhere close back in the 60's.

Its the London Stadium 22, 25 May but also Southampton, Manchester and Twickenham over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
I'll stick with listening to the wonderful albums thanks.

The Stones were of a time.

That time was half a Century ago.

Deeply jealous Martyn :)

If I had a time machine, that would be high (in more ways than one) on my "to do" lists.

The excitement must have been wild.

My appreciation for their earlier catalogue continues to grow as time goes by...

Deeply jealous Martyn :)

If I had a time machine, that would be high (in more ways than one) on my "to do" lists.

The excitement must have been wild.

My appreciation for their earlier catalogue continues to grow as time goes by...

Oddly enough, I don't have Stones recordings. In those days it was either Beatles or Stones.
My recent purchase of the remastered Sgt. Pepper's shows my position.

Still a great live band and if I was going to be in the UK early June I'd have snapped them up.

I could have bought some tickets over the weekend for tonight's gig in London. Unfortunately I couldn't go in the end but I thought £68 wasn't too bad

I dread to think what they look like now...

four-prunes1.jpg

Was that cruel?
Too harsh?

Makes you wonder how many transplants old Keef has had. No way he still has the same organs he was born with.

Just watched some footage from Dublin on yer tube.

Stadium gigs.

Nope. Thanks

Looking forward to it next Tuesday at Soton. Taking my eldest daughter, will be her first gig. I think she's probably more interested in seeing the Vaccines....but we'll see!

Stadium Gigs. The Phobile Moans. And short little exhibitionists who sit on someones shoulders.

Should be banned.

My parents who are in their late 60's now are going to several of these gigs and as much as I cannot see the attraction myself it gives them and many thousands like them great pleasure so no harm done. That generation do in fact seem intent on living fast and dying very, very, very slowly.

Had a brilliant time last night, the Stones still can rock it. Florence and the Machine weren't great though.

If you can get to Southampton, Cardiff or Coventry there are still luck dip tickets. Thats a funny process as when you collect the tickets you actually get to choose a envelope with a pair of tickets. Ours were General Admission (the pitch and un-reserved seating) which have a face value of £89.95 each so a we were well pleased.

A pair of lucky dip tickets with booking fees is just over £70.00.

advertisement

Back