advertisement

The Utopia Strong "International Treasure" vinyl order

vince rocker

pfm Member
Did anyone order the "Garnet Pink Rocket Edition" vinyl of this? Has it arrived? My order (Bandcamp) hasn't arrived and I'm not getting a reply from Rocket Recordings.

Thanks chaps. The Bandcamp page is still saying "arrive no later than ! July" but I guess they haven't updated it.

Message from Rocket Records this morning:

Hi All

Here is an update on the The Utopia Strong - Pink/Garnet Vinyl

Ok so, this week we were expecting the full run of The Utopia Strong - International Treasure to be delivered, thats what we were told last week.

However as of today (6th of July) the plant has emailed us to say the 'pink compound' quality for the vinyl manufacturing has been rejected & unusable & they have to order some more & that will take weeks.

So yet again, sorry about this, its totally out our hands, but the we are looking like even longer delays.

I don't know what else to say but as you can imagine we have very little hair left to pull out!!!

We will Ship as soon as we have them.

Thanks

John

Shortage of pink compound... Can't they just get a load of kids to chew bubblegum and use that?

What's wrong with plain old black? I'm just waiting for some geek to analyse all these splatter, cosmic dayglo multicoloured records and realise that the pigment dyes are slowly degrading and turning everything to mush. Much rather see the effort go into creative, innovative, possibly individualized in short runs, inner and outer sleeve design. Sorry, it's hot and I've got to wait in for an effin' delivery.

Reactions: kjb
Ordered the pink version and also received the soz email…I thought the pink material got rejected due to quality issues…I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait

Mine just landed too. It certainly has an acceptable level of pinkness. Will give it a spin later…

Supporting Steve Hillage on his upcoming tour.

SH_851x315FBcover_2023.jpg

advertisement

Back