advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to start to believe in yourself rather than being someone's b***.

The UK should demand everything and more.

This is the beginning. Not the End.

Just a question of who in the EU is the first.

Still, I prefer a 'deal' as long as it strongly favours the UK.

I suspect there are a few in UK who feel like this song because of this Brexit

I think you will find they have already demanded “everything” and failed miserably. You sound like Bojo. Not a compliment.

It was always going to be the EU’s fault, or people who voted Remain. No fault attached to people voting Leave without knowing what the terms would be, no sir.
That isn't what I said, but never mind. I didn't expect anything different from hard-remainers here. You've been unable to discuss this for 3 years.

Reactions: Cav
I think you will find they have already demanded “everything” and failed miserably. You sound like Bojo. Not a compliment.

I am not after 'compliments'.

I want this country to have respect internationally, to prosper and to offer an even better future to its citizens and the many that have and will come here to contribute. I want the UK to be a haven for business and if it's another Luxembourg so be it!

All things Labour and ultra liberals/left's are in the way of.

So if Boris Johnson becomes Prime Minister of UK and has the guts to make UK leave EU without a deal on halloween
you would be happy or do you prefer a deal?
I have no idea why you quoted my post with that question.

How many times do I have to state the result was 52/48? I believe in democracy, so I think the result means we need a compromise position. Does that suggest to you I support a tory hard-brexit? I do understand hard-remainers don't know what compromise means, but thankfully they are a small percentage of that 48%.

Lexiteer Caroline Flint was on The Marr Show. If she had a choice between a Johnson No Deal and revoking article 50, she would go with No Deal. She is also against a second referendum.

Flint said others in the Labour Party feel exactly the same way.

Sean made an argument that Corbyn has been trying to get these people to step down and this is why he has been stalling, but I don't buy it.

This is the most important decision of the last 45 years. They should be kicked out of the Labour Party.

Oh I forgot - Labour and Corbyn are in favour of Brexit. This makes them exactly the same as Johnson, Hunt and Farage.

There is no compromise if somebody wants to Remain in the EU. Compromise is the specialty of Lexiteers like Flint, who are only too happy to suck up Tory droppings as long as the UK leaves the EU.

Jack

I am not after 'compliments'.

I want this country to have respect internationally, to prosper and to offer an even better future to its citizens and the many that have and will come here to contribute. I want the UK to be a haven for business and if it's another Luxembourg so be it!

All things Labour and ultra liberals/left's are in the way of.

You have just raised 'simplistic' to the status of an art form.

This ‘the UK is great, we deserve the best of everything, remember the Empire’ stuff is largely why we are where we are. Those politics, and the attitude to other countries that lie behind them, have their roots in the Victorian era, and their final flourish in the inter-war period. They are, to modern sensibilities, abhorrent and gave rise to atrocities such as concentration camps, and relied in no small part on little more than indentured labour. Pretty much the very last thing this world needs now, is attitudes like that.

Lexiteer Caroline Flint was on The Marr Show. If she had a choice between a Johnson No Deal and revoking article 50, she would go with No Deal. She is also against a second referendum.

Flint said others in the Labour Party feel exactly the same way.

Sean made an argument that Corbyn has been trying to get these people to step down and this is why he has been stalling, but I don't buy it.

This is the most important decision of the last 45 years. They should be kicked out of the Labour Party.

Oh I forgot - Labour and Corbyn are in favour of Brexit. This makes them exactly the same as Johnson, Hunt and Farage.

There is no compromise if somebody wants to Remain in the EU. Compromise is the specialty of Lexiteers like Flint, who are only too happy to suck up Tory droppings as long as the UK leaves the EU.

Jack
I've been arguing that the whips have been trying to get these people on board with a PV, not trying to get them to step down. It's pretty hardcore what Flint's saying. But I don't know if it reflects the views of the other refuseniks, or how likely a No Deal/Revoke A50 scenario is. Surely it's more likely the real choice will be No deal/No confidence or No deal/PV. I don't think they could realistically go on as Labour MPs if they made the wrong call there.

Reactions: Cav
This ‘the UK is great, we deserve the best of everything, remember the Empire’ stuff is largely why we are where we are. Those politics, and the attitude to other countries that lie behind them, have their roots in the Victorian era, and their final flourish in the inter-war period. They are, to modern sensibilities, abhorrent and gave rise to atrocities such as concentration camps, and relied in no small part on little more than indentured labour. Pretty much the very last thing this world needs now, is attitudes like that.
Completely agree. The UK isn’t in the least hard done by. We’re 1/28th of the EU, have 10% of MEPs, so have enjoyed more than our fair share of influence. The sense of entitlement from posters like Drummerman is just ridiculous.

You do not change the rules of any club by threatening to leave. The UK already had a special deal.
The 4 freedoms are all linked: it does not work if you cancel one of them: The point about freedom of movement is that if your country is not competitive at least your citizens can move elsewhere to get jobs.
Anyway who cares any more ? Bring it on and we will see the result soon enough.

I've been arguing that the whips have been trying to get these people on board with a PV, not trying to get them to step down. It's pretty hardcore what Flint's saying. But I don't know if it reflects the views of the other refuseniks, or how likely a No Deal/Revoke A50 scenario is. Surely it's more likely the real choice will be No deal/No confidence or No deal/PV. I don't think they could realistically go on as Labour MPs if they made the wrong call there.

Flint is hardcore, despite the smiles. She seems to think there are plenty of refuseniks, not just the 25 who sent a letter to Corbyn telling him not to go the full remain.

Oddly enough David Miliband came over well when talking about what Labour should do concerning Brexit. Ironically enough he and the other Blairites are the reason I voted elsewhere in 2010.

Jack

They haven't managed to get Ian Lavery, Labour Party Chairman, on board yet unless he's had a recent flip flop.

No doubt other internet hardmen/keyboard warriors will be along soon to "like" your latest effort.

:D

Is that a person who post their views rather strongly on forums such as these? If you’re trying to insult people here, I rather think you’re insulting yourself.

FWIW I post under my own name. My views here are the same as I’d argue in a cafe. I think you might also find that some of us are politically active in what many call ‘the real world. Many went to the remain demos, for example. Perhaps some of the leavers here were on the Brexit ones?

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back