advertisement

the story of buffalo

Tomasz

pfm Member
Hi all,

Finally I got my buffalo to the point where it makes me not ashamed of my work. Well it’s not completely done, but it has finally got the shape I was heading to.

I decided to post some photos, so maybe it will help some members of pfm in building own one…if buffalo is still on the wave..
I want to also thank all the members of pfm for help on this built, especially bemused.

here the last two years of buffalo built...

20130920_220150.jpg

20130806_141022.jpg

20130810_223148.jpg

20131016_210658.jpg

image.jpg

dac%2525202.JPG

20150920_105126.jpg

20150919_204504.jpg

20151026_131027.jpg

20151030_124524.jpg

Here the final version:

IMG_2661.JPG

IMG_2689.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_2654.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

Absolutely fabulously built, congratulations.
Great pictorial history.

Looks a stunner and I know Buffalo dual monos sound terrific.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I am sure my buffalo doesnt even come close to yours in terms of sound quality, but it still sound ok ;) it also not as creatively and innovative designed as yours, but there is no buffalo out there that come even close to yours i suppose ;)

Tomasz

Well done Tomasz, that looks fabulous! Clearly a work of love. Congratulations on all your hard work.

Best wishes!

Sq225917,

Actually there is no list of parts, its basically standard dual mono buffalo with modified hifiduino software. The case is from modushop and the miling was done localy.
I use arduino due + tft shield + 4,3 tft display for controlling dac (thats still work in progress). Would have to make some reaserch which things i exactly bought, i was collecting things over 2 years.

There is also one very nice page about programming...dimdim.gr and of course hifiduino.
It would be much easier for me to answer the questions than document all the work...i am really short on time lately, thats why i was building it like two years.

If the would be enough interest from pfm members i could maybe prepare some cases with drilling, milling done plus microcontroller with tft plus apple remote plus separate power supply all isolated from dac.
But this is not he thing to be prepered over the weekend, especally the software would have to be prepered and tested... Actually knowing the possible configurations of buffalo dac i am rather sceptical about it

Tomasz, you used all the 'standard' TP power regulators? (I mean did you not try anything different here?)

Where did you get the cnc stuff done? I'm designing a product that will need some custom case work doing.

Stefan

Hi

Sorry for answering so late.

Doolav, i have the standard, upgraded (ver 2) tos power supplies. I am quite happy with it, its much better than the first version was.
If i can help you with uC or screen dont hesitate to contadt me...well it may take some time to answer, but will do my best.

Stefan, i have done my cnc stuff by frezer.eu, the guy is doing tings like this for good money, even with shipping it was much cheapper than in Germany, where i stay right now. Heis doing cnc from dwx, but also from 3d models, like step files.

Tomasz

I think this thread of beautiful photos will be resurfacing for years to come.
Definitely the finest looking Buffalo around.
Tony

advertisement

Back