advertisement

The Shingles Vaccine(s)

It’s 65 in NSW Australia but there is a 3 month wait for the free jab. I have my 90 year old dad on the wait list. I had it a few years ago and in comparison to some of the cases here it was relatively mild (although still unpleasant) so a vaccine sounds like a good idea.

My experience was that the fatigue came on a couple of days after the vaccination. On the day other than the expected post jab pain at the injection site there was no reaction.

Last edited:
as promised

Madam had her 2nd jab this morning.
Painful. Nurse said a lot of people find the 2nd bad
Gradually felt worse all day, went to bed just after 4pm in pain

Mrs just finishing course of antivirals and its really knocked her about .i think the horrible sqauter situation we had reduced her immune system as normally mega fit .stress can cause a mess up in immune system. Fortunately they have gone now but it leaves its mark . Heaven knows how others manage when they take over

Just to be clear. If you have had chickenpox you will carry the 'dormant' virus forever. If you are unlucky the virus can cause shingles.
Shingles is not contagious, but the little blisters of the rash are loaded with the chicken pox virus. This CAN infect susceptible people with chicken pox, which is why my pregnant team leader chased me out of the office the only time I had shingles 20+ years ago. FWIW, I felt a bit below par for axfewxdays before the rash appeared but had no pain. Doc gave me Aciclovir as soluble tablets taken five times daily for a few days and I was soon OK. Got lucky I suppose.

Friday and madam is gradually improving from that 2nd jab
A mother and father of a jab
About the worst I've ever seen her
Take care with that 2nd jab people

Friday and madam is gradually improving from that 2nd jab
A mother and father of a jab
About the worst I've ever seen her
Take care with that 2nd jab people
I had the second jab a few years ago and had a slightly sore arm the day after. It's just pot luck how you react but knowing a few people who went through the agony of a shingles attack it's a complete no brainier.

I had the second jab a few years ago and had a slightly sore arm the day after. It's just pot luck how you react but knowing a few people who went through the agony of a shingles attack it's a complete no brainier.
Various jabs give us all different results
I had a flu jab a few years ago that knocked me sideways for 2 or 3 days
Never before or since
My one shingles jab a couple of years back was insignificant if I remember right

advertisement

Back