advertisement

The Queen....a Hypocrite in the extreme?

It was a pretty bad call by the OP; I think he thought the multitude would be just as scathing.

Please don't make assumptions as to what I might or might not have thought ...I'm not a slave to others appreciation.
I just wanted to start another interesting thread to coax some discussion... looking at your recent postings... perhaps you might consider starting a thread sometime?

I think we covered this some time ago in relation to The Duchy of Cornwall.

The process is not "secret", nor "arcane", and is not instituted by the Monarch or her representatives.

Google Queen's or Prince's Consent for more info.
It doesn't say that here
"the Queen’s lawyers secretly lobbied Scottish ministers to change a draft law to exempt her private land from a major initiative to cut carbon emissions, documents reveal"

William was on TV last night suggesting that money should be put into saving this planet as opposed to space exploration searching for another planet (to destroy) I'm sure he still uses a private jet but still it's good to have people in his position highlight the issues of climate change.

Please don't make assumptions as to what I might or might not have thought ...I'm not a slave to others appreciation.
I just wanted to start another interesting thread to coax some discussion... looking at your recent postings... perhaps you might consider starting a thread sometime?
You thought you were going to get the echo chamber effect - and failed. You assume that their properties are heated and that she flies around the place. I'd suggest she doesn't fly half as much as your common or garden businessman.

I might start a thread one day - you keep prying into my profile and you'll see it pop up.

It doesn't say that here
"the Queen’s lawyers secretly lobbied Scottish ministers to change a draft law to exempt her private land from a major initiative to cut carbon emissions, documents reveal"
Where is "here" and who lobbied and whom did they lobby? Names would lend some credence.

William's obviously concerned about his carbon footprint,that's why he gets the bus home.

Some ‘Roundhead’ would probably take an axe to them nowadays. I wonder if their security follow in yet another helicopter? Or maybe they take the bus;)

We’re only hypocrites if we start lecturing others to be green when we do nothing
quite
so look up what is hapening on the royal estaes and thoise in the ownership of Charlie and then tell us, please do, how you dear poster, have done more.

Questionable
When no-one is there?
More than a businessman? Long haul flights are the issue and I bet she doesn't fly abroad much more than most on here.
The guy thinks he's found an easy way to gain some popularity without doing any research. ?
Mines a spag bol...much more interesting than debating with the uninformed and much much tastier!
Even, with a nice Chianti :)

Greenwash isn’t just for big companies…. The royal estates will have even more trouble rubbing their tummy and Patting their head at the same time. Impossible position in considerable personal comfort: I could take that if offered:)

William was on TV last night suggesting that money should be put into saving this planet as opposed to space exploration searching for another planet (to destroy) I'm sure he still uses a private jet but still it's good to have people in his position highlight the issues of climate change.
Yes but the beauty of current space travel is the chance that one day some of the “astronauts” might not make it back

I thought Prince Bill made a very good point that the climate change topic is always viewed negatively by the media and we have to change to a positive mindset i.e. that we can and will fix it.

I have got to the point where I can't watch Attenborough or Countryfile etc because I'm so sick of being guilt tripped.
FFS I'm doing my best, I can't even get Boris to have a clue, so what chance do I have of shutting down coal fired stuff in China, India, Oz and the US!! :mad:.

In the 1960's the Queen decided that she owned the sea bed around the UK (Continental Shelf Act) because she knew that there was oil and gas to be exploited, the drilling rights were directed by the Government.
The crown estate still owns the seabed, making money from leasing the seabed for wind-farms.

"a horrendous blot on the landscape (wind-farms) and that their spread must be halted before they irreparably ruin some of Britain's most beautiful countryside"

I think everybody can guess who the above quote comes from.

As a woman in her disposition i thought she'd have welcomed the warmer weather that comes with climate change...

advertisement

Back