advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

From what I can see on Twitter, the main active resistance to Tories appears to be coming from the RSPB..... insert pun here.

Wow, they aren’t messing about either. Very rare to see a statement as strong as this from a wildlife preservation society outside the world of Hunt Sabs (which I also fully support). RSPB thread on Twitter here. Good on them for standing up.

Interesting that the 3 biggest falls in the £ are Black Wednesday, Brexit referendum result and yesterday.

£ has almost halved in value against the $ in last 15 years.

I am sick and tired of trickle-down economics. It has never worked.

We're building an economy from the bottom up and middle out.

POTUS Joe Biden (Twitter).

It is pretty clear he has no more time for Truss’s shit than he had for Johnson’s!

‘Real conservatism: the belief that the people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard’. (To misquote Mencken).

The party of sound finance- every day’s a Black Wednesday . Actually they bear very close resemblance to Trump’s GOP or Putin’s United Russia.

Hope everything works out. Trouble is with these things you can never enter at the bottom and exit at the top. If it’s any consolation, 10% down since Jan is good going, although I’m sure it doesn’t feel that way now. At least you are able to see the mortgage off.

Thanks, back in January the unit price was £3.72 I got out on Friday at £3.28, on August the 16th this year it was £3.49 before you could breathe it was down 10 p in a matter of days so you think 'oh it will be fine I'll wait another couple of days/weeks and it will be back in the £3.50 range', more fool me, at least I bit the bullet on Thursday but getting out hasn't been easy as theyre obviously trying to stop a stampede for the exit doors.

For a bit of context it fell down to £2.70 at the start of the pandemic/lockdown Jan 2020 and recovered but there's no bottom now until it hits £2.70 and more likely £2.46 which is the previous low back in 2016 that's six years of growth more or less wiped out in months if that happens.

Thanks, back in January the unit price was £3.72 I got out on Friday at £3.28, on August the 16th this year it was £3.49 before you could breathe it was down 10 p in a matter of days so you think 'oh it will be fine I'll wait another couple of days/weeks and it will be back in the £3.50 range', more fool me, at least I bit the bullet on Thursday but getting out hasn't been easy as theyre obviously trying to stop a stampede for the exit doors.

For a bit of context it fell down to £2.70 at the start of the pandemic/lockdown Jan 2020 and recovered but there's no bottom now until it hits £2.70 and more likely £2.46 which is the previous low back in 2016 that's six years of growth more or less wiped out in months if that happens.

Frustrating, at least you didn’t bail when covid hit. However, nothing gives you a better nights sleep than knowing the house is yours, lock stock and barrel.

Next time you buy a house, can you give us a day’s notice please?

Actually worked out well, it's the only house I've ever bought below the asking price, houses weren't selling back then at that time but we just happend to be buying at what was the bottom of the housing market, we had put in an offer and seller knocked it back but he had already bought a house somewhere else so he had to accept our offer as there were no other buyers in the market, our solicitor said at the time that he hadn't sold a house in a month.

This is really interesting too:

EXCL: Liz Truss chief of staff is being paid his salary via his lobbying firm and is only "seconded" to No10 in arrangement he won't explain

Mark Fullbrook says he's not using company for tax benefit days after govt junked IR35 reforms to make this easier

Gabriel Pogrund, Whitehall Editor, Sunday Times (Twitter).

This is really interesting too:

EXCL: Liz Truss chief of staff is being paid his salary via his lobbying firm and is only "seconded" to No10 in arrangement he won't explain

Mark Fullbrook says he's not using company for tax benefit days after govt junked IR35 reforms to make this easier

Gabriel Pogrund, Whitehall Editor, Sunday Times (Twitter).

A reminder that this is the same Mark Fullbrook currently being investigated by the FBI for his role in an attempt to bribe the governor of Puerto Rico £300k to sack the financial regulator investigating financial irregularities at a bank owned by a Tory donor.

advertisement

Back