advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

om26oef.jpg

Cheers Liz.

Delighted to see PayPal has stopped providing services to Toby Young’s various fake-news/conspiracy bullshit/bigotry “free speech” platforms (Twitter). The Tory QAnon such as Young should be seen as what it is. #StopFundingHate.

I think that quote from Clinton ( in reference to trickle down)sums up the situation
for most workers

"Most people are working harder for less money than they were making 10 years ago."

I still think it looked liked drugs. Possibly got the drugs from the person who styled Johnson's hair for the funeral. Or the person who picked Carrie's dress.

Utterly bizarre behaviour at the blinking Queen's funeral from the blinking Chancellor https://twitter.com/h1ghlanderYes/status/1572312324223950850

Can see how Braverman looks at him. As with Truss, we wonder how the hell these people made it to the top? I think it's a takeover by the low-tax fundamentalists https://www.theguardian.com/politic...x-investment-zones?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Useful idiots in place to do their bidding. Massive bonuses for all involved.

Utterly bizarre behaviour at the blinking Queen's funeral from the blinking Chancellor https://twitter.com/h1ghlanderYes/status/1572312324223950850

Can see how Braverman looks at him. As with Truss, we wonder how the hell these people made it to the top? I think it's a takeover by the low-tax fundamentalists https://www.theguardian.com/politic...x-investment-zones?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

A cabinet of all the personality disorders. Truss- the glorious final nail in Conservative coffin ( unless of course they fire her and get Mogg elected as leader in time for the GE).

Put me in there with those people for that long and I think I’d be doing something similar. Most relatable thing I’ve seen from a politician since Dianne Abbott was snapped drinking a can of mojito on the Overground.

Thanks. Notice how Braverman, moves away from from and cross her legs the other way? Body language suggests she doesn't want to be near, or associated with him.

Thanks. Notice how Braverman, moves away from from and cross her legs the other way? Body language suggests she doesn't want to be near, or associated with him.
This lot appear to get a free pass on anything, notably illegal the drinking parties in No.10 that the Prime Minister was fined over. Had that been any opposition leader or Sturgeon, the pics would have been all over the Telegraph, DM , Murdoch rags captioned “laughing while the nation mourned”, demanding instant resignation and printing days of it till they got it.

it won’t bring down Kwertang but his economic illiteracy soon will.

This lot appear to get a free pass on anything, notably illegal the drinking parties in No.10 that the Prime Minister was fined over. Had that been any opposition leader or Sturgeon, the pics would have been all over the Telegraph, DM , Murdoch rags captioned “laughing while the nation mourned”, demanding instant resignation and printing days of it till they got it.

it won’t bring down Kwertang but his economic illiteracy soon will.
What is the substance of Kwarteng’s economic illiteracy?

If we can’t say precisely why his economic ideas are illiterate that are internal to his plans and his ideology, he will be able to blame outside factors and get away with it in the same way the Tories have for decades now.

An interesting poll commissioned by 'Patriotic Millionaires':
  • 63% believe a system that cuts taxes for the richest is unfair with 55% of Conservative voters in agreement

• 50% think extreme wealth concentration has contributed to cost of living, and 48% think the energy crisis has worsened due to the concentration of extreme wealth.

• 70% of people believe that very wealthy individuals should be taxed more heavily to help pay for public services and the cost of living crisis, with 64% of Conservative voters agreeing

• 73% of people believe extreme wealth should be taxed more heavily, with 71% of Conservative voters agreeing.

• 63% think the British economy would be stronger if we taxed extreme wealth (53% of Conservative voters agree).

• 55% of people don’t think the British economy can be healthy or sustainable if we don’t consider how wealth is distributed

• 69% of the public would support a tax of 1% on those with over £10million. Only 7% oppose.
https://www.patrioticmillionaires.uk/media/release-poll-shows-70-support-raising-taxes-on-rich

As with Truss, we wonder how the hell these people made it to the top?

You will, presumably, be aware of what floats to the surface. In any case, the creed of the successful politician is to sense which way the crowd is moving, push your way to the front and yell loudly. This is what these people have done within their own small, select crowd.

Though Churchill was also a believer in the State providing a 'safety net' in the form of pensions and unemployment benefits, and in the concept of a mandatory minimum wage.

I have a vague feeling that a younger Winston Churchill (very much a 19th Century Victorian Imperialist) believed in the idea that benefits should trickle down from the upper classes to the lower classes (he might not have used the expression "trickle down" to describe it).
Trickle down is feudal economics

You will, presumably, be aware of what floats to the surface. In any case, the creed of the successful politician is to sense which way the crowd is moving, push your way to the front and yell loudly. This is what these people have done within their own small, select crowd.
It really is very small: a few hundred people in Westminster, really.

Trickle down is feudal economics

I've always felt we should refer to it as the "futile system" because it makes any effort by ordinary people to do well futile in the face of all the protected graft, tax dodging, rigging markets, faked news, etc. Some simply decide that the only way to get on is to join the circus and also start doing what the wealthy do - or become politicians that are complicit even when they moan about it and say they want to change it.

In some ways the link is obvious. Bung a Tory a million quid plus support in your newspapers => get to the HOL or have your companies get big contracts from the public purse or have new ways to dodge tax given to you... or all of the above.

In the end the top lot own or control everything, and allow hangers on to dip a bit from the trough. The rest is camo as they let some people 'rise' a bit so they can be used as examples to point out when claiming the system lets people get on... as the cut away social provision that enables it - education, health, etc.

advertisement

Back