advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Yes, although it does highlight that if the pips are squeezed too hard, drinker #10 might decide to drink at another bar, maybe in another country. As the IFS data states, over 60% of income tax revenue comes from the top 10% of income tax payers. Start losing these people and suddenly there’s a big tax hole to fill.
Then suddenly everyone’s mortgage goes up by several hundred pounds a month, all but the richest drinkers have to cut out the booze to make the payments, and Tim Martin closes the pub.

Speech from disgraced corrupt “Chancellor” Kwateng live now.
VbRmqnw.jpg

Are you seriously suggesting that .... if you don't reduce taxation on the very rich, they'll just **** off elsewhere? Away with your nonsense!

They likely won't need to physically go elsewhere, the mooted IR35 reform will probably offer an alternative way to reduce top earners' tax bills.

I haven’t watched any of the conference, what’s the mood? May’s psychological coughing fit and letters falling off the backdrop were the weirdest I’ve seen. You’d think this one would be a classic of the genre given the economic damage they’ve inflicted in their first fortnight in office.

Saves other taxpayers a good few quid I suppose.
Must be true, but I suspect that drinker #10 and his ilk, what with being rich, don't suffer from ill health to the same extent as drinkers #1 to #4. So the top 10% of income earners all having private medical insurance doesn't reduce the needs of the NHS by 10%, and they will still need A&E and use NHS facilities (often just jump the queues). If you really wanted to reduce the burden on the NHS, you improve the life chances of drinkers #1 to #4 so their needs are less. That requires more tax from the richest to fund.

'Because we are there for the most vulnerable ' he left a gap for some applause, silence, conference eventually took the hint with some sporadic limp hands. Kwasi smirked.

That was clearly a joke. Surprised it wasn’t met with hysterical laughter from the ghouls in the room.

Pretty sure it was from previous events and news surrounding this non-budget. The u-turn doesn't matter the bet has already been paid out, an awful lot of damage already done.

They would play it both ways if they knew he might do a u-turn. Short it prior and long it at the lows, double bubble.

That was clearly a joke. Surprised it wasn’t met with hysterical laughter from the ghouls in the room.

Probably the best way to view the Tory conference is a new form of comedy performance art. Halfwits, led by a fullwit, pretending to be a credible Government. Amazing how they can deliver it so deadpan.

This bloke was hilarious:

KGM looks close to lamping the duplicitous lying prick that is Jacob Rees Mogg on C4 News. He is showing remarkable restraint.

Daniel Finkelstein's review of the chancellor's speech "If you weren’t convinced before, you wouldn’t be convinced by anything he said. The puzzling attempts to suggest that the government had to act quickly, even though it has been in power for more than a decade. The failure to explain how his measures would produce growth. The welcome commitment to fiscal discipline, followed by advancing vast tax cuts without saying how they would be paid for."

Ouch.

I know someone who has known Braveman for years. "As the proverbial box of frogs" was his view.

advertisement

Back