advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

If it isn’t BOAC it isn’t right. That was such a cool livery on that plane. I understand why Lego avoided it as the beautiful curved line to the dark nose-cone would be impossible.

Except BOAC ceased to exist 2 years before Concorde flew :)

If it isn’t BOAC it isn’t right. That was such a cool livery on that plane. I understand why Lego avoided it as the beautiful curved line to the dark nose-cone would be impossible.
Interestingly I found a very old photo on t'internet with the tail fin and red stripe pretty much as it comes in the box. Looks like a static display at an air show - surrounded by an orange crowd barrier, and lots of people around. Further investigation shows that it was G-AXDN, which was the British "pre-production" model

And I've ordered the "banked" version of the wall mount that @gintonic showed, a couple of pages back.

Ha! I never realised that! My knowledge here was based on having the Corgi die-cast model as a child.

I think the original Air France livery was more elegant.

stephane-beilliard-concorderedux-018-sbeilliard-web2018.jpg

I popped into the Lego store earlier when I was in the city centre (Glasgow) and I got a good look and feel of an assembled Concorde. Stunning!

They had quite a few on the shelf and I was about to buy one when I remembered seeing an email about getting free sets for Insider weekend or something like that. Unfortunately, that offer has ended... and so I left without the Concorde as a) it's not a limited edition, b) there might be a better deal on Black Friday, whether in terms of bonus sets or discounts etc, and c) I was going to have to pay 10p for a bag. All things considered, I felt as though I'd be losing out somehow if I bought it today. If there isn't a better deal on Friday then I'll just order a set online because she's a real sight to behold for sure. Like I say, stunning!

I've been on a bit of a Lego spree. New additions:

77015 Temple of the Golden Idol (£89)
10313 Wildflower Bouquet (£38)
75349 Captain Rex Helmet (£42)
75350 Clone Commander Cody Helmet (£42)
10309 Succulents (£38)

I also bought the 'Game of Bricks' lighting kit for the Titanic on a Black Friday deal (£52 for the 'Remote' version):

TBuHjKE.png

I popped into the Lego store earlier when I was in the city centre (Glasgow) and I got a good look and feel of an assembled Concorde. Stunning!

They had quite a few on the shelf and I was about to buy one when I remembered seeing an email about getting free sets for Insider weekend or something like that. Unfortunately, that offer has ended... and so I left without the Concorde as a) it's not a limited edition, b) there might be a better deal on Black Friday, whether in terms of bonus sets or discounts etc, and c) I was going to have to pay 10p for a bag. All things considered, I felt as though I'd be losing out somehow if I bought it today. If there isn't a better deal on Friday then I'll just order a set online because she's a real sight to behold for sure. Like I say, stunning!

Scroll down slightly to see the BF free gifts. Which are a continuation of the Insider weekend.

Rob

No Black Friday discount on the Concorde but I've ordered one anyway. Where do you get the wall mount bracket?

Ah, I actually just ordered one of these brackets on eBay for a banked display. I'll be mounting it on a plasterboard wall stud so the slim profile should work out perfectly.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Over the past year or 3 I’ve bought a few Lego sets - a couple put together but most still boxed. SWMBO now says they’re taking up too much space so would anyone double box them and put them in the loft or garage?

advertisement

Back