advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

From New Year's Day, the jazz club will be available to order, alongside two gifts with purchase - both classic space theme: the Blacktron Cruiser and a small space set.

I'd like the Blacktron cruiser...

Not bought as an investment as such just because I’m a huge SW fan. Treated myself to the UCS Millennium Falcon just before New Year. It is stupid money I know, but managed to get it for £160 less so had to be done.

Not bought as an investment as such just because I’m a huge SW fan. Treated myself to the UCS Millennium Falcon just before New Year. It is stupid money I know, but managed to get it for £160 less so had to be done.

Cool, though the thing with that level of Lego is where in hell do you put it once built? It is just so huge! The ones I have built (Yellow Sub, Saturn V) are manageable, the latter only as it stands upright next to a JR149 upstairs. I’ve also got the Technic Volvo Loader built, but that just sits on the floor as a remote control cat toy. If I ever get to the stage my investment stuff crashes I’d be tempted to build a couple, but for me the Yellow Sub etc is the ideal size as you can at least put it somewhere!

Yes it is rather large coming in at 60cm wide.
I imagine it looks huge once in your arms. I have a deep windowsill luckily that always has the blinds closed so it will go on there in a nice display cabinet from wicked bricks to keep it dust free. Think it’s on a 70deg tilt so should look pretty cool.
I’d love the AT-AT but the pair would just take up too much space.

The jazz club looks great.

Currently having a good time building the Vespa while my SO is building R2D2.

Just bit the bullet and bought Jazz Club. Mainly as an excuse to get the free Blacktron Cruiser spaceship thingy which is really rather cool and I suspect will be worth a good few quid in a year or two. Lego really are sharp with their promotions and VIP points (I only had a fiver stored, but cashed it in, I had £25 last time). It tends to be enough to keep me buying there rather than high st shops. I was inevitably going to buy Jazz Club, because Jazz Club, so may as well do so whilst there is a good freebie to be had. There was a free brick pack included too, so a pretty good time to buy as I don’t think the modular buildings tend to make it out on high discounts in the wild very often.

PS Review of the freebie here:

I had to build a second cupboard during the Xmas / New Year break to store the collection. It doesn't half fill up fast. These things are 1.8m tall, 1.2m wide and 600mm deep!

AL9nZEUsyTfz44AVAXbE9hJT_7FYCvMOsehU4fAZygOAswE3CQtSepeOYYQV6Wxwa3EnFdRLSuvIICbAO3GNJtbvXXfytQtYSBEyXE666fI0g659Nt2aSd2IvEhQJrQigny4IeF3OHZzUopPTOtFW0p5nY8J=w1884-h1412-no

The smaller boxes like Speed Champions are in the closet or one of two low tambours.

Nothing to do with Lego as an investment, but I started my (Xmas pressie) Ducati yesterday....bloody brilliant!
I haven't played with lego since being a kid, so didn't realize quite what all the fuss was about. This is very clever stuff!

advertisement

Back