advertisement

The Ongoing UKIP PR Disaster thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under your preferred system, you would probably now have had a coalition govt with Cons/UKIP in office.

I have no issue with democracy, only with the entire lack of it that got us a Conservative majority! If the electorate actually voted for a Conservative/UKIP coalition then that is precisely the mess we should have. From a personal persoective it would also be far more fun watching that fight itself like rats in a bag than have to sit through five years of unchallenged Tory asset-stripping and sleaze.

4 If the electorate actually voted for a Conservative/UKIP coalition then that is precisely the mess we should have.

But that is exactly the problem, Tony; you can't vote for a particular coalition. It is all done by back-room deals and we end up with a govt that nobody at all voted for.

But that is exactly the problem, Tony; you can't vote for a particular coalition. It is all done by back-room deals and we end up with a govt that nobody at all voted for.

That's what we have now Jo, very few people actually voted for a Tory Government .Apathy and constituency boundary's enabled them to get in with a total vote of about 20% of the populace or so, I believe.
oldie

That's what we have now Jo, very few people actually voted for a Tory Government .Apathy and constituency boundary's enabled them to get in with a total vote of about 20% of the populace or so, I believe.
oldie

The boundaries are still biased in favour of Labour to the tune of about 10-15 seats, so that is nonsense (according to the Electoral Commission).

And at least the govt has been voted for by some of the electorate - a coalition is not voted for by any; so if you want democracy, PR is not going to provide it. Look at how the German govts through the 70s and 80s were determined by a decision by the smallest party (FDP on around 10% of the vote) on which of the big 2 parties they would go into coalition with. So the govt was decided by a choice made by the smallest party!!

We (the people who are running everything*) have managed to take a protest party and activate sleeper cells in both the blue-rinse reactionary racist homophobic faction and the gay/ethnic wings to create a rift. Given most of the party is defined by being racist homophobic xenophobes who can't be seen to be racist homophobic xenophobes, this was rather easy.

A failure was the attempt to rid us of the scotch (out of the UK and Europe) before they got really expensive (given dwindling cheaper oil and the demographic time bomb up there) to provide an object lesson on how leaving the EU will lead to a failed state in addition to stopping the subsidy before it got silly. The sensitivity modelling suggested that all we need to do was make sure Rangers and Celtic were not directly competing for a couple of years - this would create a sense of Scottish unity in the largest population centre without the usual sectarian divide. Undone by confidence intervals again.

We have a number of scenarios to force another vote. Manufacturing a nuclear accident on the Clyde looks good. As does an aggressive adoption of UK policy that is best for England - English policy votes, wind farm subsidy removal, relocation of parliament to Winchester again etc.

* Yes we are descended from the Knights Templar, the children of Jesus and the whore, grey reptilian aliens, Rasputin and le Comte de Saint-Germain. All the conspiracy theories are right.

This really deserves a thread of its own. UKIP elected member thieves half a million quid on the European stage, putting the UK in an excellent light. Previous convictions for benefit fraud. Any relation to 'Raoul'?

In fairness to UKIP - (did I really just write that?) - it should be pointed out that they ditched him as soon as they found out (from the Telegraph, He didn`t tell them) about the original benefit fraud that he had been charged with, and convicted of, before the MEP expenxse fraud came up.

Here's the sentencing report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33508850

I don't know how these things work, but one would hope all his personal and any business assets would be seized in order to reimburse the tax payer for his theft. The irony is this useless parasite will cost us all even more to keep in jail for five years.

I would expect he would be treated as any other criminal who is kept in jail at public expense. At least he did not put some pensioner in hospital to steal his/her pension.

There are more than a few mainstream politicians who have stolen from the taxpayer with no criminal charges brought.

There's a Nazi slur on page 5 of every internet forum thread, isn't there?:D

Just wait - when we vote to stay in Europe, all those racist Tories who fled to UKIP but still voted Conservative will be rejoining the Farage's party, swelling the ranks with the racist ex - Labour people who are still there.

Stephen

Spot the difference.

UKIP

1409314983969_Image_galleryImage_Image_Licensed_to_i_Image.JPG

Tory

1409314983969_Image_galleryImage_Image_Licensed_to_i_Image.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back