advertisement

the old grey whistle test

Nice to see something on TOGWT last night that I'd never seen before - The Fun Boy Three in concert from 1983.

Despite being quite a fan of them - and Terry Hall in all his incarnations - I'd never seen any live footage of them so wasn't sure what to expect. I thoroughly enjoyed it though, with the all female backing band really shining.

Worth watching for the cello player alone (Nicky Holland I think) :p

edit: nope, Caroline Lavelle

I’m not certain I didn’t dream it, but I seem to remember seeing Ornette Coleman (being interviewed but sadly not playing) on OGWT in the days when Richard Williams was the presenter. I’m sure he had nothing to do with that, ha ha.

Nice to see something on TOGWT last night that I'd never seen before - The Fun Boy Three in concert from 1983.

Despite being quite a fan of them - and Terry Hall in all his incarnations - I'd never seen any live footage of them so wasn't sure what to expect. I thoroughly enjoyed it though, with the all female backing band really shining.

Worth watching for the cello player alone (Nicky Holland I think) :p

edit: nope, Caroline Lavelle

I was surprised to see Caroline Lavelle backing them - I only know her from her album, Spirit on William Orbit's short lived label, and from her collaboration with Massive Attack.

eta - Blimey, just checked her entry on Discogs, and I've got loads of records she appears on

advertisement

Back