advertisement

The old chestnut

Vinny

pfm Member
I shall first admit that I just do not have the time (even if I could find the venues locally), to do the auditioning.....

The system (as odd as it is) - Plinnked LP12, Ittok LVII, Mitchell Iso and Hera (standard edition with 100 ohms input impedance), Pioneer A400, Infinity kappa 7's.

It did have a Supex 900 Super installed but that is away being repaired, which will take 2-3 months.
So, I have almost decided to bite the bullet and try an upgrade, despite how much I like the Supex. (The only good quality cartridge that I have lived with other than the Supex was an AT OC7 - very detailed, but very bright and bass-shy - not my cup of tea at all - hardly used if anyone is interested....).

As ever, I have trawled the www and think that my choice is probably between the Benz Micro Slider SL and the Lyra Delos - opinion seems to be that whether they suit anyone is down to taste rather than any obvious, single glaring inadequacy in either. Something like the Dynavector XX2 seems to attract plenty of praise but quite a bit of direct criticism as well, at least compared to the BM and Lyra.

Anyone heard enough of the Slider and Delos on an LP12 set-up, to be able to offer any comment, or even general comparative comments?

advertisement

Back