advertisement

The next 007

Del monaco

Del Monaco
Now that Craig has rejuvenated the franchise, who can fill his Bond boots?
I watched Monkey Man the other day and it occurred to me that Dev Patel would be an interesting choice. He has the looks but also a surprise physicality given his slender frame.
I’m a little worried about some of the names that have been mooted.
Who do you think would be an exciting new 007?

most of the people who gt mentioned are already too old. I remember when Daniel Craig got the job I thought it was a mistake as he's too good an actor..... he then elevated the role so its a much tougher act to follow.

Dev Patel - too good to waste IMO!

Of all the names that have been mentioned.... Richard Madden (the Bodyguard) maybe, he's good looking and physical enough, not too old and not a great actor.... so just right!

I wonder how they will deal with his death in the last film. Can only think it will his son assuming there is one out there.

Romesh Ranganathan obviously, fit as a butcher’s dog (only took 6 hours to do the marathon) and his one-liners could take down an enemy agent at 100 paces.

It was really interesting when Craig took the role. He gave Bond a story, depth and vulnerability that was very different from the Bonds of the past. Perhaps the decision to kill him off signified the end of this experiment.I’m hoping there’s a permanent move away from the more pedestrian films of Moore and Brosnan.

When I saw the recent Mincemeat movie, I noticed Johnny Flynn as Flemming. I always mentally thought (from reading the books) that Bond should look like Flemming himself. So that's my vote (will not happen, but anyway).

I would very much like a move to the original 1950's - 60's time frame, and much truer to the books.

It was really interesting when Craig took the role. He gave Bond a story, depth and vulnerability that was very different from the Bonds of the past. Perhaps the decision to kill him off signified the end of this experiment.I’m hoping there’s a permanent move away from the more pedestrian films of Moore and Brosnan.

Yes, Roger Less and Remington Steele where rather silly. They belonged in their respective cheap TV-series.

I’m hoping there’s a permanent move away from the more pedestrian films of Moore and Brosnan.
Pedestrian?! I think you've forgotten Pierce Brosnan windsurfing on a badly rendered CGI tsunami.

main-qimg-e4de7912073fb8d3b08ffa23cfcc686f-lq

advertisement

Back