advertisement

the most stupid name in audio

mmm

linn shat?

Perfect name for some speakers I could name. How about:

KRIK, SKOT, KLINGON, KARDASSIAN, CHEKOV, KHAN (already done, nearly), KRONOS, PIKARD, RIKER, TUVOK, ETC ETC.

'kin 'ell, I've done their next 10 years' work for them.

Joe will soon get up and give us the next 30 years :p

Perfect name for some speakers I could name. How about:

KRIK, SKOT, KLINGON, KARDASSIAN, CHEKOV, KHAN (already done, nearly), KRONOS, PIKARD, RIKER, TUVOK, ETC ETC.

'kin 'ell, I've done their next 10 years' work for them.

Joe will soon get up and give us the next 30 years :p

And if Linn paid you a £1000 for each name you would nearly have enough for a full spec LP12.

Tekniques, Bang & Awfulson, Cyprus, Nam, Aywarr, Sybil (speakers), Double Dobly.

All the names of well known products - apparently.

The Cambridge AZUR and TOPAZ to me sound like some kind of cold war project designation. Not only will they amplify your music, but can scramble the electronics of ICBMs and any similarly sophisticated technology. Like washing machines. 007 has been recalled from Jamaica.

Ironically the Well Tempered Amadeus is a stonkingly good deck. Despite having much less technology than 60s rocket program. String.

Nic,

You've already covered it, but, yes, the Skotty is a rather obvious omission within the Linn line-up.

It has it all — a K, a Trek tie-in and a reference to something Scottish.

Ivor should send you a chek(ov) in the mail, man.

Joe

STDSN?

5c63a61e.jpg

c2a34e0f.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003JSNAN4/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Nic,

You've already covered it, but, yes, the Skotty is a rather obvious omission within the Linn line-up.

It has it all — a K, a Trek tie-in and a reference to something Scottish.

Ivor should send you a chek(ov) in the mail, man.

Joe

What about Kira?

or QuarK?

slippin' dude...

I want one of those Defiant CD players more than I've wanted anything in my entire life...

Basil,

Kira and Quark aren't Skottish, so only two of the three naming criteria are met.

The only question that remains is what product the Skotty would be. I'm thinkin' an amplifierrrrr that cannae give ye morrrrrre powerrrrr.

Joe

Basil,

Kira and Quark aren't Skottish, so only two of the three naming criteria are met.

The only question that remains is what product the Skotty would be. I'm thinkin' an amplifierrrrr that cannae give ye morrrrrre powerrrrr.

Joe

I see, should have read the thread more carefully...

I think a more fitting 'Scottyism' would have to be: 'Ye canna change tha laws o physics'

I seem to remember a 'Scottish' episode of TNG that was really embarrasing? Season 7 I think, or more commonly known around these parts as 'the season the writers started taking lots of drugs'

advertisement

Back