advertisement

The Most (insert nationality here) Song Ever

kasperhauser

pfm Member
I was reminded of this song in an off-topic conversation and it inspired me to start a thread. Pick a country, pick a song, show us what "the real _____" is all about.

For my money, you can have your Yankee Doodle Dandies and your Star-Spangled Banners and your Born in the USAs; this is my nomination for The Most American Song Ever:

“A song about the North Texas South Oklahoma crystal meth amphetamine industry”

Brilliant. The electric version on The Heartless Bastards live album is even better.

I’m torn between Jacques Brel pouring his heart out after being dumped by his mistress…

…and unrelated 1989 Belgian techno anthem, ‘Pump Up The Jam’.

I'm half Irish, or a plastic paddy. We went to Galway on the the Harley a few years ago, and this happened to us (not this video, but very much like it)
After a few bands and singer had, had their go. At the end of the night, a man gets up on the microphone, and says" Please be upstanding for the National anthem"

Everyone stood, (and us of course) it bought a lump to me throat, as I could remember me dad singing it.

But this is what was playing when we walked in

Dmitri Pokrovsky Ensemble are wonderful, and this is a must-hear..... The ensemble doing Stravinsky's Les Noces, which is another very Russian work.

And here's another very Russian piece of music - the Coronation scene from Boris Godunov.

advertisement

Back