advertisement

[FS] The KLF - The White Room LP

Mr.Nic

pfm Member
Any interest in this copy of The White Room? It's just not an LP I see myself ever playing again. The condition of the sleeve and vinyl is as per the photos - personally I'd say a very strong VG+. Having had a play through I'd highlight the following: There is a small click that lasts 2 seconds during 3am Eternal. There is also some minor surface noise during the quieter parts but this may be down to the record just needing a better clean.

Looking for £120 inc tracked / signed for postage.

IMG-5468.jpg

IMG-5469.jpg

IMG-5473.jpg

IMG-5475.jpg

IMG-5476.jpg

IMG-5478.jpg

IMG-5479.jpg

The KLF deleted their catalogue decades ago and have never reissued it beyond the odd remixed download or video. As such it’s all rare.

PS Thankfully I’ve got an absolutely mint copy of this one owned from new and immediately popped into a Nagaoka inner. Got a mint copy of Shag Times too, which is an amusing mess of a thing. Chill out on CD, and a few 12” singles too.

The KLF used many other artists samples, probably without formal permissions etc. If their catalogue was re-released, I expect there would be various legal and financial claims and it's probably the reason why they deleted their catalogue. Chill Out is available on vinyl again, but I don't think it's a legitimate release or master source. It's probably a grey market press from a CD master.

I only have The White Room on vinyl. I found a nice copy on a record stall about 10 years back. I must get it out for a spin again.

Chill Out is available on vinyl again, but I don't think it's a legitimate release or master source. It's probably a grey market press from a CD master.

I’m sure it isn’t an official reissue. They did however remix it recently (i.e. take any samples out from anyone who wanted paying):

It’s still very good, but the original is clearly better.

I only have The White Room on vinyl. I found a nice copy on a record stall about 10 years back. I must get it out for a spin again.
I also have not played this for a very long time, for a very long time, for a very long time ... (sorry, could not resist). Will try it again. As I said in this other KLF thread in the music room some time ago, the story of them does much, much more to me than the actual music. I also have The History of The Jams aka The Timelords on vinyl. IIRC I enjoyed this more than The White Room.

I absolutely love The White Room and the KLF - pretty much soundtracked 1990/91. At the time I was only buying CD’s so I never owned the LP and its price is too high now to bother. Still have a very good sounding Japanese CD though. This is still a great watch:

I’ve got everthing they’ve released and pretty much all on vinyl. have been a fan forever, I have three copies of chill out I think - and the clear vinyl bootleg has good sq too!

I’m a big Jimmy Cauty fan and have the Triptych set of west county Athena posters, as well as his redone LOTR a poster too.

I have a sneaking suspicion he’s Banksy.

This could be more evidence that Banksy WAS in Liverpool last week​

Another artwork find is adding to the rumours that the world famous street artist was in the city​

Liam Thorp
The theory that world famous street artist Banksy was in Liverpool last week has gathered strength - after another work in his iconic style was found in the city.

On Friday we reported on a new mural which has appeared in Jamaica Street, which appeared to hit back at the removal of Banksy works elsewhere in the city and news that plans for a new gallery had been scrapped.

Now a music fan has come forward with what he believes is more evidence that Banksy was in the city at some point last week.

John Whitworth was one of 400 special guests who were in the city last week for a highly unusual book launch event being held by enigmatic electronic band the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu - also known as the KLF.

As part of a series of rituals and tasks being ordered by KLF founders Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond, those in attendance were told to look for 23 special items outside each of the venues being used for events across the city.

Music fan John Whitworth found this Banksy-style work when he was in Liverpool last week

Music fan John Whitworth found this Banksy-style work when he was in Liverpool last week
It was during one of these hunts that Mr Whitworth, from Wakefield in Yorkshire, and his wife believe they may have grabbed hold of an original Banksy in the Baltic Triangle.

He said: “Me and my wife were outside Constellations on Wednesday lunchtime and we were looking for things. There was a load of plywood leant against a wall and my wife pulled one out and we saw it had this artwork on it.

“I immediately recognised the stencil as one of Banksy’s - called the Ghetto Rat, I think one of them went for £100,000 at auction.

“It would be just the type of thing for the KLF to do to leave something like that lying around - and I know that Jimmy Cauty has worked with Banksy before” (the two worked together on Banksy’s Dismaland attraction in attraction at Weston-super-Mare.)

After putting the work safely in their car, the couple then went for tea at Leaf in Bold Street, where coincidentally they were sat next to KLF member Jimmy Cauty.

Mr Whitworth said he had to mention it, adding: “I just told Jimmy what I had found and that I thought it could be a real Banksy - he just smiled and said ‘that’s very, very interesting’”.

Start the conversation
Add to the comments below to share your thoughts
Be the First to Comment
When the music fan saw the ECHO article about the potential Banksy work in Jamaica Street several days later, he said his theory that the street artist was in Liverpool grew stronger.

The latest addition in the Baltic triangle - a mural with a Banksy mention

The latest addition in the Baltic triangle - a mural with a Banksy mention
SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS
partner logo

He added: “I just said ‘no way’ - It was right next to the piece that we found - I think there is a really good chance he was in Liverpool following the KLF this weekend.

“I think it would make sense if he was one of the 400.”

Mr Whitworth has attempted to reach Banksy’s representatives to try and find out if the work he found is genuine.

Last edited:
I’ve got everthing they’ve released and pretty much all on vinyl. have been a fan forever, I have three copies of chill out I think - and the clear vinyl bootleg has good sq too!

I’m a big Jimmy Cauty fan and have the Triptych set of west county Athena posters, as well as his redone LOTR a poster too.

I have a sneaking suspicion he’s Banksy.
OMG THREE COPIES OF CHILLOUT!!!!

I’m quite happy with my one copy on vinyl, also have White Room and I didn’t know that was worth over £100 nowadays.

On the off chance anyone else has a copy they want to let go, I've been after this LP for quite some time but have never come across it in the wild. Feel free to send me a PM if you have one you're willing to part with!

I have a lovely copy, paid £70 about 7 months ago iirc.

just looked. £75 Inc post.

Most recent purchase in the same vein was a lovely original copy of spanners by black dog.

If you don’t mind me piggybacking your thread, I’d LOVE a decent copy of LFO, LFO on vinyl if anyone has one too!! :)

advertisement

Back