advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

He may be able to design....but he sure can't get anything made. My guess remains: it's the software....without his sidekick who left in a huff he's at a loss to get anything working.

He may be able to design....but he sure can't get anything made. My guess remains: it's the software....without his sidekick who left in a huff he's at a loss to get anything working
My concern is that he is able to get things made , but for other third parties for his own funding rather than this project.

My concern is that he is able to get things made , but for other third parties for his own funding rather than this project.
True....he gets paid for the design, they get the software and production done. Its the latter stages he can't do, but always thinks he can (even in his own lab).

There's been an update by a fellow funder on Facebook:

"I cannot reveal how I know this or the reasons why, but we should definitely be getting the MDAC2 in 2-3 months. Given all his missed deadlines in the past, John is reluctant to make any further announcements until he actually has it ready to ship."

I think he (JW) is right...he can't promise another date due to a complete loss of any credibility and the inevitable 'pile-on' such a post would produce. His only viable next communication is to say here it is ready to ship, sorry for the delay.

Any sympathy for John in this fiasco sailed in a boat 8 years ago as far as I’m concerned. This shambles lies 100% at his door and after what must be hundreds of false claims/commitments. 10 years of ‘it’ll be ready in a couple of months’ is good enough reason to suspect the latest ‘it’ll be ready in a couple of months’ won’t happen.

advertisement

Back