advertisement

The inevitable Royal Baby thread

David

Kate will generate £billions for this country

Yes

and like Diana has rejuvenated the British fashion industry.

Yes

She also acts as an excellent ambassador for the country.

Yes

Oldie (who moans about her) is a sad old man, who spends his time doing nothing and his only proclivity is to moan about anyone who isn't skint.

Simple question - which one would you get rid of ?Mick

Quite

Pictures of Brenda always freak me out a little. The woman hasn't changed her hair style since before the war. That's just weird.

Maybe she hasn't washed it since before the war. A couple of puffs of mercury powder every morning.

Just watched the footage of them leaving the hospital, William mops his brow with a smile after fitting the car seat and Kate looks at the baby.

I think the future of the Monarchy is in good and grounded hands.

Best wishes to them all!

The Monarchy is changing for the better with an injection of young blood, which is why I'd like to see Charles as King now so that William is closer to the reality of being King himself one day.

Much as I would prefer no Monarchy, I find it impossible not to like the current players, and William and Kate do seem to have the capacity to be very ordinary (relatively, as William has no ordinary experience) and relate to ordinary people in a way QEII fails miserably at. The trepidation that W&K seem to show with this moment is endearing and I agree; if we are to have a Monarchy, then we have certainly turned the corner from the dark times into something that we may actually want. We just have to move things on so that they may actually be Monarchs.

The Monarchy is changing for the better with an injection of young blood, which is why I'd like to see Charles as King now so that William is closer to the reality of being King himself one day.

Much as I would prefer no Monarchy, I find it impossible not to like the current players, and William and Kate do seem to have the capacity to be very ordinary (relatively, as William has no ordinary experience) and relate to ordinary people in a way QEII fails miserably at. The trepidation that W&K seem to show with this moment is endearing and I agree; if we are to have a Monarchy, then we have certainly turned the corner from the dark times into something that we may actually want. We just have to move things on so that they may actually be Monarchs.

The Queen can seem a little out of touch possibly at times but I think that's the worst you can say.

AS I've said above, I wonder whether the moaners, wingers and (keyboard) know-alls here can say they have devoted their lives to their country (and still working) at 85 YOA.

She deservers far more respect than you give her.

And yes, she has done an excellent job and maybe if there are any failings it is in her lack of a common touch, caused by applying the right approach in her era, to this era.

She has indeed been a fantastic Queen. I just think that she belongs to a past time when things were very different. Her successors (even Charles) would be better for these times.

Rasher

The Queen has been on the Throne for over 60 years. She was crowned when she was only 27 and she gave the country a much needed lift after the very traditional George VI.

She was a modern person back then and reflected the mood of the nation. However like all old people, she will be a bit of a stick in the mud as you will be one day. If we expect her to rule until death, do not expect her to act as a 30 something, it just ain't going to happen.

She will one day be succeeded by Charles and then by William and the changes will occur naturally and with time.

That is the strength of the Monarchy unlike a President who is constantly slithering to court votes. You have had the Queen when she was young, now you should be pleased to have her as she is.

Regards

Mick

And yes, she has done an excellent job and maybe if there are any failings it is in her lack of a common touch, caused by applying the right approach in her era, to this era.

She has indeed been a fantastic Queen. I just think that she belongs to a past time when things were very different. Her successors (even Charles) would be better for these times.

I'm pleased to see you have raised your comments some what above accusing an unborne child being the course of a death. Why I'm still talking to someone who has made that suggestion I don't know. That that same person was kind enough to donate a phone to me (still in daily use despite obvious misgivings) just seems incredible/unbelievable to me.

The Queen has been fantastic (thank you).

There are obviously going to be changes in the monarchy in the next few years. I do hope the William and Kate can at least continue to please most of the people most of the time.

Please give fact's and figures and not myths as far as I can remember there has never been any true collation of information as to wether any of the royals has ever brought in any money in to the country, in fact they have cost us dearly what with Philips senile grandmother burning down half of Hampton Court because she preferred candle light to electric, to the up keep of most of their multiple and unused accommodation. Let those who shouted in support of "call me Dave bedroom" tax, and send them back to were they came from, be some what less hypocritical, after all this lot has got to be the highest value/ cost scroungers to the UK economy . If you want them, you pay for them , me I don't wish to and would like the democratic opportunity not to.
oldie

Ummm??

If you don't like what's happening (and what's happened for 60 years you are quite free to live in another country.....plenty of ports and airports to take you over seas...

Its well known fact the monarchy has it's expenses, yes, also generates a lot of money.

"Kate will generate £billions for this country and like Diana has rejuvenated the British fashion industry. She also acts as an excellent ambassador for the country.
"

Do I beleive you or a high-ranking accountant with 40 years experience in industry? mmmm tricky one.....

Please give fact's and figures and not myths as far as I can remember there has never been any true collation of information as to wether any of the royals has ever brought in any money in to the country, in fact they have cost us dearly what with Philips senile grandmother burning down half of Hampton Court because she preferred candle light to electric, to the up keep of most of their multiple and unused accommodation. Let those who shouted in support of "call me Dave bedroom" tax, and send them back to were they came from, be some what less hypocritical, after all this lot has got to be the highest value/ cost scroungers to the UK economy . If you want them, you pay for them , me I don't wish to and would like the democratic opportunity not to.
oldie

Democracy's a bugger, isn't it?

The fact remains that the monarch is hugely popular & no political party is ever, ever going to hold a referendum on that.

The only way you can express your views democratically is to vote with your feet.

Chris

George Alexander Louis apparently - after George Michael, the TV meerkat and Louie Louie by The Kingsmen I assume.

I heard it was going to be called

Tony Vuk Mick Cliff Cesare Ivor Vereker Elvis MDac the 3rd of Garrardshire

I'm pleased to see you have raised your comments some what above accusing an unborne child being the course of a death.

With respect David, you do have an ability to pick up something, run in the wrong direction and then blow it up. My reference with the death was about how Shakespearian the whole episode was and how that, in that vein, could lead to feelings of (misplaced) guilt . I was only drawing parallels with classic tragedies and never suggesting the baby was actually responsible.
But yes, a little innocent has been born into a predestined role that he is unaware of , and he will need all our blessings to have a happy life under unnatural circumstances. You must be aware that sometimes you can take things in ways they are not intended?
:)

advertisement

Back