advertisement

The Flickr user thread

Sometimes I think Flickr selects this kind of garbage deliberately just to wind people up. It works.
I was playing 'spot the garbage' aftr your post.
?
Nope. Major garbage spotting fail.
I thought they were great.
I'd be pleased to see what you do if you can do something far more amazing. Why not share in the photo thread here?

No, forget it. I just found your link to your website, and see that you make beautiful pics, creative and interesting. A bit obviously contrived art for my taste but likely to be popular with those with many who need something to fill a space in a Chelsea apartment.
You might remember that lot's of photographers are less politically and commercially aware of what sells than you, and maybe less interested. Artists should support other artists, and maybe be less judgemental?

OK, I think I'm there - thank you.

Anyone want to buy a Linn Axis?

I'm heading to the classifieds to mispost loads of photos....

52672782721_defa352a52_t.jpg

Hmm. That needs to be bigger. More experimentation required....

VSCC Motorsport Festival at Cadwell Park yesterday - just the most fantastic day out (all this for 20 quid - bargain!). Great selection of cars from A7's, T35's, Cooper-Climaxes and some wonderful time-correct specials.

'Thunderbug' - a GN chassis with 4.2L V-twin. The car's as eccentric as the driver, and sounds incredible - to see this beast 4-wheel-drifting around Hall Bends was wonderful.

Thunderbug by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

7D2/70-200 f2.8LII

Cooper Climax...

Cooper Climax by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

6D/24-70f4L

Coopers at Cadwell hairpin by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

7D2/70-200 f2.8L II

NIce but possibly in the wrong thread!

Probably a waste of time asking as nobody seems to post much here but here goes anyway.
Any other Flickr users being constantly bombarded by Recommended contacts and images that you don’t want to see, tried deleting the first twenty or so and got a whole load more plus the originals tagged back on the end. Can’t even get to see what my contacts are uploading.
Early days yet but put in a complaint to Flickr control.
Just curious if anyone else has been affected.

Banging your head upsidedown by Richard Bartlett, on Flickr

Update to anyone who’s interested.

Problem resolved by Nicole,
Flickr hero.

Last edited:
no problems at all it it , been a marvellous tool
Yes usually it works well, but at the moment it’s not so good, I’m only getting what they think I should be looking at not what my contacts are posting. I’ve now attached a link in my previous comment.

I'll be watching this thread with interest. I've had a Flickr account for several years, but haven't used it for ages. I'm still trying to decide on a suitable platform to use so hoping that posts on this thread help me to decide. Great advice here so far though.

I'll be watching this thread with interest. I've had a Flickr account for several years, but haven't used it for ages. I'm still trying to decide on a suitable platform to use so hoping that posts on this thread help me to decide. Great advice here so far though.
Definitely would recommend it and if you post a lot (or just want back up storage) go for the pro version with unlimited storage.

advertisement

Back