advertisement

The Fall are coming to Hull!!

There's always a new Fall album due. That's one of the joys of being alive :)

-- Ian

I saw them play in London in November last year. They were okay, but Mark E Smith was pretty mediocre.

The people I went with and myself had seen the Fall perform number of different times in the last few decades.

We all left a bit disappointed. Maybe he was pissed. Maybe he was bored.

We certainly were.

Jack

Saw them in Liverpool last year Jack and they/he were really on top form. And that is based on a combined opinion of umpteen Fall gigs going back to late 70's....so I guess they must have the odd off day. Recent albums have been top notch for me.

Cheers

Rich

Likewise. The last LP was a bit variable, but the two before that were among their best. And the last couple of gigs I've seen have been very good indeed. No idea who's in the group nowadays though, not sure if it's the group of Americans he picked up for the last LP or a new lot. Either way, as he says, "If it's me and your granny on bongos... it's the Fall".

-- Ian

Likewise. The last LP was a bit variable, but the two before that were among their best. And the last couple of gigs I've seen have been very good indeed. No idea who's in the group nowadays though, not sure if it's the group of Americans he picked up for the last LP or a new lot. Either way, as he says, "If it's me and your granny on bongos... it's the Fall".

-- Ian

It was the American band who played on the the last album I think. I have seen the Fall a lot of times, but the gig in November was the first time I have been disappointed.

It wasn't the band themselves, they were fine. It was Mark E Smith - he just didn't have an edge.

Hopefully it was just a one-off.

advertisement

Back