advertisement

The Fall - 2008

RickyC6

Infuriate the frog-men
Just got back from seeing the mighty Fall - ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY FOOKING MIGHTIER THAN EVER!!!!!! the band were ultra tight - the sound was visceral in the extreme - and MES was wonderfully MES-like; messing with the amps etc including at one point turning the bass guitar amp up so loud that people visibly twitched at the difference in the gut-rotting volume; guitarist was as good as any Fall guitar player I have seen (and I've seen a few); bass and drums were locked in with a capital FOOKING LOCKED!!!! and MES's mrs was delightfully off the wall on the keys. They are the best band you can see live at this point in time NO ARGUMENT. They out punk all the new punk bands by a street and they out post-punk all the new post-punk bands by several miles.......they are in short MIGHTIER THAN EVER.

Cheers

Rich

They're playing at the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill on May 10th. Unfortunately, I won't be around to see them, but the whole idea of them playing in such an incongruous location is fantastic.

http://www.dlwp.com/News/Article.aspx?article=239

-- Ian

Wonderful building. And some other fine acttractions coming up!

Humphrey Lyttelton and his band (16 May)
Haxan - a film about witchcraft through the ages (31 May)
Marc Almond (7 June)
Harry Hill, Lee Mack and Paul Zenon (17 June)

It's a tremendous building, but it is the only reason to visit Bexhill (an otherwise sleepy seaside town mostly full of OAPs).

MES on the seafront at Bexhill. Can't see it not being great fun.

-- Ian

advertisement

Back