advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

Even this fairly disinterested old fart will watch England Scotland tonight... I'll even allow it to push Gardener's World into a later , recorded watch.

Pity it's on ITV though. Whilst I wouldn't pay most commentators, pundits etc.. in washers.. I accidentally caught the opening of some ITV match coverage the other day and it was some of the most embarrassing shite I have witnessed on TV in my 72 years.

Way too much random irrelevant prattle during play. Tell me who’s on the ball you lazy sods! I’d repurpose racing commentators to football.

Agreed on the ITV coverage. On the bright side Trevor Francis is long gone. He was dreadful, always only telling you what you just saw.

Did anyone see the half-time analysis of the Sweden v Slovakia game this afternoon? I appreciate the desire to gee up viewers after a boring 45 minutes but WTF was the cringe-worthy karaoke all about? I've seen Micah Richards on the BBC pundit team a few times now and whenever he's on any sense of professional decorum appears to go straight out the window. (Before you accuse me of being an old fart I'm actually only 2 years Richards' senior!).

Did anyone see the half-time analysis of the Sweden v Slovakia game this afternoon? I appreciate the desire to gee up viewers after a boring 45 minutes but WTF was the cringe-worthy karaoke all about? I've seen Micah Richards on the BBC pundit team a few times now and whenever he's on any sense of professional decorum appears to go straight out the window. (Before you accuse me of being an old fart I'm actually only 2 years Richards' senior!).

I found it a breath of fresh air and thoroughly enjoyed it. And I am an old fart.

Compared to the panels on ITV the Beebs choice is stellar.

James in to combat Robertson. Like that.

V poor Croatia v Czech game...Pericic was good...
Croatia think they can beat the Scots.
Czechs think England will already be qualified.
??

Isn't Petr Cech a lovely chap.

advertisement

Back