advertisement

The day the music died?

MTV killed music because it became about what you look like, not how you sound.

Myabe this is not so evident if you come from an Anglo-Saxon country but I think MTV killed music because it made (mostly ghetto) music standard all over the world. I remember turning on a TV in India in the late '90s and being appaled by it.
MTV is the McDonald's of music.
And then there's that guy Simon Cowell...

Run DMC played Philly though, not London!
True.

Just had a quick look at the UK and US bills and one thing that struck me was they actually had Black artists on the US bill. In retrospect the UK line up looks very very white... there's Sade. And, erm, Branford Marsalis.

True.

Just had a quick look at the UK and US bills and one thing that struck me was they actually had Black artists on the US bill. In retrospect the UK line up looks very very white... there's Sade. And, erm, Branford Marsalis.
I can think of Dee C Lee with Style Council too but yes very much so, this was Thatcher's britain on show. The US was a very different place. It was 1980 before the first black footballer played for England.

Myabe this is not so evident if you come from an Anglo-Saxon country but I think MTV killed music because it made (mostly ghetto) music standard all over the world.

Blimey, is your music collection divided up by an artists upbringing/background? Bit of a ****y thing to say, that.

advertisement

Back