advertisement

The Day of the Doctor

WE watched the prog in 3D and my sceptical co-watcher seemed to enjoy it. Some of the special effects worked very well indeed. In fact I actually got involved and forgot i was watching using crappo technology.

The story was the usual convoluted strangeness, but actually worked for me. A thoroughly good watch.

Now Nic will demolish the programme. Come on Nic, even you could see something in the effort they put into the job. His johnness brought some real moments of acting into the brew. Great pace and pathos.

HANG ON! I loved it! I thought it was brilliantly done, well written, acted and produced. As a father of 4, I've watched every episode of the re-boot and, yes, I've thought much of the last 2-3 years' output lazy and pointless (and still think Matt Smith a mistake, despite being pretty good in the ensemble work last night). But this was vintage stuff; thoughtful and on a big scale. The Tom Baker cameo was really moving and a nice touch.

The only thing missing was (for me the most interesting modern Doctor) Christopher Eccleston - loved Hurt's line about ears. Presumably he refused to take part form the outset?

We also watched the silly and self-indulgent piece on the red button (I think it was) featuring Doctors 5, 6 & 7.

So there! Let's hope the Capaldi era will be creative and memorable.

Nic (Who fan from 1968).

Only winding you up a touch. You have the knowledge to be critical, I'm just a remote control bandit.

We also spotted the capaldi part in the programme. Excellently understated effort, bodes well for the next series.

Heaps of fun.

The Virgin Queen, the hot interface, the Curator, the Zygon handing over the inhaler - "All human life is there".

Really ? Not a touch convoluted ? Been a fan forever and I think it was actually weak...considering all the hype.

Some good bits tho' - the hot assistant...."Cor!!"

Left me cold, I couldn't get into it. I have only watched a couple of mat smith ones, he is a bit of a tit IMHO.

Pete

Wife was out, so watched it with eldest son. Failed to record it. My bad. Lucky for this digital age. Thought it was okay, and seeing Tom Baker almost made me a bit teary. After all, for me he is, and will always be, The Doctor.

watching it again right now in 3D. The 3D off iPlayer on Samsung 3D TV is not quite right, but I assume the Sky broadcast of BBC 3D has higher bandwidth so should be better. Its all well acted, especially John Hurt.

Don't take tramadol.

I can't get off the buggers now.

Giving up smoking was a doddle in comparison.

advertisement

Back