advertisement

The Cult/ Electric

Gaius

pfm Member
Just a fvck off Rock'n'Roll album; down and dirty, top of their game, so many riffs you can't count them.

Influences from Zep all over, licks to die for.

The stand outs for me are Lil Devil and Love Removal Machine.

Yell Yeah!

yeah this was after their over night image change...from indie guys to rockers if I remember rightly.

yeah good album....released in a time of loads of crap about

the acoustic guitar bit you can just hear on love removal machine was one of the first things I learnt when I first started playing guitar back in xmas last year.

Just a fvck off Rock'n'Roll album; down and dirty, top of their game, so many riffs you can't count them.

Influences from Zep all over, licks to die for.

The stand outs for me are Lil Devil and Love Removal Machine.

Yell Yeah!

X2 What an LP, brilliant production by Rick Rubin, you can smell the dirty leather and engine oil, my advice for those who like heavy rock and have not heard it just go out and by it.

Great album! If you haven't already hunt out the "Manor Session" EP. It's interesting to hear what the tracks were like before Rick Rubin worked his magic.

I remember when this came out - I was about 17. Thought it was fantastic. Now have serious doubts. Seems like empty cock rock now.

^^^Me too, although it was at the time that I had my doubts.

Been listening to "Love" album recently, loved it then and now. Listen to Love and Phoenix, which were the two tracks they recorded last apparently and that took them in a rockier direction - but if only they'd pursued that direction more along those lines! Amazing tracks.

Gave Love Removal Machine a go the other day and it is just too derivative for me (of AC/DC it seems to me). Sorry to poop the thread a bit! I wasn't going to post until I read the above...:( :)

DC, absolutely...a selection off Back in Black is a surefire way to demonstrate to guests why you've spent so much money on your "hi-fi".

More like this would have been most welcome:

[YOUTUBE]MYjyjfB7-gs[/YOUTUBE]

+1 for "Sonic Temple."

I have the holographic slip cover, worth much?

All good stuff though. :)

yeah this was after their over night image change...from indie guys to rockers if I remember rightly.

yeah good album....released in a time of loads of crap about

the acoustic guitar bit you can just hear on love removal machine was one of the first things I learnt when I first started playing guitar back in xmas last year.

Will play that in a minute as l have never heard an acoustic guitar on this track.

This is my album of choice on AOS ( hope l am not breaking any rules here mods) so check it out.:)

Heard them live a few years back and they were phenomenal. Inspired me to buy Choice of Weapon which was in the car spinning away for months

Wild Flower was always the track for me to blast the neighbours :)

I saw them 9 (!) times on the original Electric tour and once on last years rerun.

The album is OK. For me a great shame as it was so poor compared to the depth and lasting enjoyment of Love, the Manor a Sessions were much better - so not a fan of R Rubin. They got better again later...

Sorry guys, not for me...

The early promise of Southern Death Cult (think Fatman & Moya) was somehow lost on the way to The Cult and their turgid rock, IMHO. Quite liked She Sells Sanctuary tho!

advertisement

Back