advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

Full wash today; deep cleaned inside (drove a lot last week with the windows down enjoying the Spring sunshine and the car was ingrained with dust) :rolleyes:

I've also used up the last of my PoorBoys Black Hole glaze; it's took a lot of work, it's a bloody big car but it works well... Doesn't last; but still looks good :D

Front wheels off; brake calipers wire brushed in readiness for painting; wheel arches scrubbed to within an inch of their lives and coated/wiped down with G303 Aerospace protectant

Calipers painted with E-Tech silver enamel paint using the sponge applicators (leaves a much smoother finish; saw Sreten of @M539_Restoratioins fame do this to the calipers on his E46 Touring)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D8WZF70/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DZPNJOA/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I'll be doing the rears sometime next week ;)
Current thinking is to spray the discs black. All over. Then of course the first time you use them the pads polish the friction surfaces but the rest stays black and doesn't go rusty brown in the first week.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Current thinking is to spray the discs black. All over. Then of course the first time you use them the pads polish the friction surfaces but the rest stays black and doesn't go rusty brown in the first week.

What for?

My brake disc hats are galvanised and with spacers; only the calipers needed painting

What for?

My brake disc hats are galvanised and with spacers; only the calipers needed painting
Good for you. They generally aren't , like your calipers, in which case a black or silver rattle can is very handy for keeping them shiny for a couple of years. Mine are due for replacement, I know that they come ungalvanised if the old ones are a guide, so I'll give them a spray.
Apart from anything else, on yours it would cover up the brown edge to the disc and the rusty bit near the hat.

As we have some car enthusiasts please post here you lists of products you use for outside / inside / Glass / Dash / Upholstery etc
I just got carried away on Amazon with a s-it load of cleaning products
However I did not see any enthusiasm products :D
I find the rain helps.....

Good for you. They generally aren't , like your calipers, in which case a black or silver rattle can is very handy for keeping them shiny for a couple of years. Mine are due for replacement, I know that they come ungalvanised if the old ones are a guide, so I'll give them a spray.
Apart from anything else, on yours it would cover up the brown edge to the disc and the rusty bit near the hat.

New discs and pads, not bedded in yet

I've been using Turtle Wax Graphite spray-on polish stuff, & it certainly seems to repel dirt and water for a fair while. Once you've put on a couple of coats, you can squirt a bit on just-washed wet panels & mop off. It's pricey, but you do only need a smidgeon on each panel.

6ypcILF.jpg

I've been using Turtle Wax Graphite spray-on polish stuff, & it certainly seems to repel dirt and water for a fair while. Once you've put on a couple of coats, you can squirt a bit on just-washed wet panels & mop off. It's pricey, but you do only need a smidgeon on each panel.

6ypcILF.jpg
Yes I use that along with the grapheme wax twice a year… good stuff and lovely motor!

6ypcILF.jpg

I've read good reviews about that stuff; it's always on my radar

Great car too; I'd love a 340i Touring!

Seriously...

Dude, give up! It's not needed... You're teaching me to suck eggs... o_O:rolleyes:
I'm having a conversation, or attempting to. Seems you're not interested. If you're not interested, and or you already know it all, then give over with the "I know it all" and find something else you want to polish.

I'm having a conversation, or attempting to. Seems you're not interested. If you're not interested, and or you already know it all, then give over with the "I know it all" and find something else you want to polish.

Haha; what's up petal. Don't like being told to stop trying to educate someone in stuff they don't need re-educating in?! FFS grow up... :rolleyes:

You're not having a conversation; you're lecturing, there's a big difference...! Tatty bye

Haha; what's up petal. Don't like being told to stop trying to educate someone in stuff they don't need re-educating in?! FFS grow up... :rolleyes:

You're not having a conversation; you're lecturing, there's a big difference...! Tatty bye
I'm lecturing? Seriously, *dude*, you'll wear out that rolly eyes emoji if you hit it again. Grow up yourself, you patronising fool.

I'm lecturing? Seriously, *dude*, you'll wear out that rolly eyes emoji if you hit it again. Grow up yourself, you patronising fool.

No; just telling it as it is... Too many keyboard bullshitters on here, like yourself, and don't like it when someone talks back to you! As said; give up; it's boring now ;)

advertisement

Back