advertisement

The Audio Warehouse and Guildford Audio Event 2010

Guildford Audio

The Audio Event
12TH 13TH 14TH November 2010
Best Western Moat House Hotel Reading

Well, that time again is approaching and we are looking forward to bringing you a bigger better and longer event this year! Same location as last year but using all the rooms available and including a few additional area’s for display!

So, what are we doing this year?

A full Vinyl Room.

With Turntables from Linn, SME, EAT, Funk Firm, Clearaudio to name a few. Plenty of phonostages on demonstration from Plinius, Sutherland, Heed, Linn. We will also have some older turntables in action with some modern arms/cartridges.

AV Room.

With the makers of Anthem AV will be displaying and demonstrating there new products. If you went to Bristol this year and heard this kit, you will know how good this will be!

Audio Mix room 1.

Here there will be a mixture of many brands which will be from the likes of Linn, AstinTrew, Vienna Acoustics, Heed, Plinius, Vincent, T.A.C, Linn, Sugden, Kudos, Musical Fidelity, Harbeth and more…

Audio Mix room 2.

More from Wadia, Plinius, Kudos, Musical Fidelity. PS Audio GamuT etc…

The Absolute Sounds Room.

Well, needing no introduction, Brands will be Krell, DartZeel, Audio Research, Wilson, Martin Logan. PrimaLuna, Copland, Jadis, Micromega to name a few…

Bens Records will be attending again but this time, with more Vinyl and some CD’s

We will have Arthur from The Funk Firm demonstrating his new FXRII Tonearm.

Paul from Audyus helping out with Vienna Acoustics

Nick and Rob from The Multiroom Company (Heed and Plinius) with some rather tasty new additions to Heed and Plinius.

John from Audiophile BASE with a few new items to complement the already outstanding range of Audio furniture.

Ian from MDC (Wadia and Sutherland) on hand with some rather tasty additions.

As usual, a special food menu for guests will be offered at the Hotel plus the pub at the back offers a great selection of fine foods etc.

Parking is free and attendance is free but this year we would like all guests to donate £1 to Cancer Research (more to follow on how to book).

NEW The bakeoff!

This year, Trevor thought it would be a good idea to invite people to bring along there kit be it Vinyl, CD, Speakers or whatever and we will donate one room to the evening of Saturday for all to play…Idea’s Guy’s please….

Well, this is for starters and as usual, I will ad as I go. Times of the show will be Friday 12th from 2pm, Saturday 13th 9am til 5pm plus the Bakeoff which will be from 6pm til err whenever! Sunday 14th 9am til 4pm.

j

.........OK, as we are not charging for this event, I mentioned that we would be asking for £1 towards Cancer Research on attendance/booking. We have decided to have the donation boxes actually at the event so bring your £1's. As far as booking, all you need to do is email me below so I can keep an eye on the numbers attending as I need to balance out the days. Don't forget the bakeoff on Saturdays night..... the floor is yours so ideas are welcome.

Regards John

The Audio Warehouse Limited,
Tel: Mobile , 07810546103. Office: 01483-537577.
Email: [email protected] Website www.theaudiowarehouse.co.uk
Company Number: 04897440 VAT: 841138153

A Division of Guildford Audio

OK, Just concluding the event details with the brands we have and also finalising the Vinyl room as there are going to be some lovely new and old decks on show/demo. Some have asked about staying over at the reduced room rate. Best to contact Michelle at the hotel direct to reserve a room email address is... [email protected]

I will shortly post the brand/room listings

j

With just over a month to go before our event, I thought I would list the brands confirmed so far…

Acoustic Energy
Anthem*
AstinTrew
ATC
Audio Research
Audio Origami*
Audiophile base
Ben’s Records
Clearaudio*
Custom Design
DarTZeel
EAT
Funk Firm*
Harbeth
Heed*
IsoTek
Jardis
Koetsu
Krell
Kudos*
Linn
Lyra
Martin Logan
Magneplanar*
Micromega
Musical Fidelity
MusicWorks*
NAD
Olive
Paradigm*
Plinius*
PS Audio
Siltech
SME
SMX*
Stirling Broadcast
Sonus Faber
Stratton Furniture*
Sugden*
Sutherland*
T.A.C*
Transfiguration*
Transparent
Vienna Acoustics*
Vincent*
Wadia*
Wilson Audio
Yter
Z:axis*

* Representation from the company on site

There will be some new and unseen products at the event which we have not seen or heard yet!
Additional products/brands still being confirmed

j

As mentioned, Ben from Bens Records will be attending. For those of you that don't know him here's the link http://www.bensrecords.com/mainFrame1.htm . Ben has thousands of records from all sorts. He will be bringing a large selection for people to purchase but if anyone has a preference to the types of music, I will ask him to bring a selection so be sure to let me know.

bd813dd8.jpg

Ben in his Office!

j

Dear all

Many thanks for your continued support over the years and as promised, our audio event is very near. Trevor from Guildford Audio has written a 'short' message to you all with reference to the event next month...

''Well it’s that time of year again when we at Guildford Audio & the Audio Warehouse have decided yet again to beat our souls to within an inch of our lives to bring you a weekend of fun and joviality – well actually, we are having our annual audio event so maybe I’m bending the truth a tiny bit!

Once again we will be at the Reading Moat House, only this time starting at midday on Friday 12th November and running through Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th. Parking is free and we are asking people to put a pound into the yellow collection buckets for Cancer Research. We have booked five decent sized rooms that we intend to fill with as many bits of quality kit a we can get there – mainly new but some used.

If you have not been to the hotel before it has great facilities and a nice pub just behind that serves good food – I can vouch for that, since my ever increasing waistband is testament to no shortage of road testing – enjoy!

In case you have decided to attend to listen to some music, we have once again emptied the vaults at Grinding Halt to bring you some of the finest kit available, or at least what we can squeeze into a 7.5 tonne lorry. I hope this year we will be making a bigger splash by having a full 3D AV system courtesy of Anthem AV who also will be in attendance to answer your questions. I don’t think the hotel have factored in the electricity costs for this little lot so I am keeping my head down!

One room out of the five will be dedicated to products supplied through Absolute Sounds, so if you have not had a chance yet to hear the new Wilson Sophia speakers then this will be your opportunity to do so. We aim to have the Audio Research Reference 2 phono stage, Reference 5 preamp and Anniversary version preamp operating with the Reference 110 power amplifier. Also running will be the Krell Evolution system, and all being well we will have the Metronome integrated CD player on the front end of it – nice!

John will be running a predominantly vinyl room this year although I have purloined the EAT turntable from him (I suppose I should tell him about that, or maybe I will let it be a surprise on the day). He will be running the SME 20/12 as well as several LP12s with a variety of arms, including the excellent new Funk FXRII, very much worth listening to, and the wonderfully engineered arms from Audio Origami. If I am correct I think J7 may even be in attendance along with Representation from Funk, Vincent, Kudos and more..

John will have equipment from a variety of other suppliers including Harbeth, Linn, Vincent/TAC, ATC and other leading brands so should have some interesting combinations.

Alan will be running, amongst other items, the Magneplanar speakers coupled with Plinius, Sugden and Musical Fidelity equipment. We are also hoping the new high-end speakers from Kudos will be making an appearance.

Ian from MDC will be in attendance with a range of equipment from Wadia including the ‘breathed on’ by Wadia media server from QSonix – this should provide an interesting comparison with their normal range of products. There should be the full Wadia 9 Series components at the event and, fingers crossed, the new transport – if not we will use the 7Si as a transport – this may cause a few raised eyebrows. Ian, as always, will be a true gent and will be with us all weekend.

As for the other rooms, there will be a range of components from a wide variety of manufacturers on show and we are hoping if there is enough interest to have something of a ‘Bake Off’ on the Saturday evening. If this is of interest to you please let us know and we will (John) be happy to spend hours humping kit about for your delectation. Alan & I will be in the bar – some chance!

Well that just about does it I guess, but I’m sure I’ve missed out loads of items as I invariably do – we would love to see you all there having a great time but if you can’t make it, we understand you are under orders.

Enjoy and see you soon.

By the way I forgot to mention that the hotel had to come and ask me to turn the music down at our Linn show this year – apparently the disco next door was being drowned out – how embarrassing! Good job I didn’t wind the Krell / Wilson combination up too high then''.

Regards Trevor

As you can see, the show is bigger and better than last year and there are still many brands in addition to the list. We would love to see you all there and as some of you already know, we run our event on a very independent basis. Any questions, please feel free to let me know...

j

Event location

Reading Moathouse

Mill Lane
Sindlesham,

Wokingham,

West Berkshire

RG41 5DF
0118 949 9988

www.bestwestern.co.uk/...Reading-Moat-House.../Default.aspx

I have been asked to spill the beans so to speak on the Vinyl room so here goes..

Source

Linn LP12/FUNK FXRII/Lyra Delos
Linn LP12/Audio Origami PU7/Lyra Delos
Linn LP12/Akito 2b/Dynavector DV20X
Linn Lingo 3 PSU
Funk Saffire 2/Funk FXRII/Lyra
Funk Vector/FXRII/Denon DL103R
Funk Ankhor LP12
EAT Forte s/Koetsu Red
Clearaudio Performance SE/Satisfy Carbon/Melody
Technics SL1210/AO RB251/TBA
Thorens TD125MK2/SME 3009/Grado Reference
SME 20/2A/5/Koetsu
SME 20/12A/312S/HEED Zene
SME 10/V/Koetsu

Still some to go...

Phonostages

AstinTrew AT8000
Linn Uphorik
Heed Quasar
Sutherland PH3D
Sutherland 20/20
Sutherland Hubble
Audio Research Ref Phono 2
Plinius Koru
Sugden PA-4

Played through a number of systems but mainly..

Heed Pre
Heed PSU
Vincent SP-995 Class A mono amps
Kudos C20
Harbeth 7es-3
Cables from Linn, Transparent, Siltech, AudioQuest
MusicWorks ReFlex

This lot should keep me a tad busy! As for music? I don't do Demo stuff so be prepaired and you can bring your own but I won't play Des O'connor;)

Alan (Cambridge branch) Has a superb system lined up in Room 1

Sugden LA-4 Pre
Sugden MPA-4 Class A mono's
Wadia 7si CD
Magnepan Magneplanar 1.7 speakers
Siltech cables

Those Maggies really sing. anyway, enough, I have divulged too much already.

j

Well, we are packing everything ready for the off. Thank you to all that have asked about the event. Trevor has been receiving many calls about the Event and the products on show and demonstration and expect a few suprises!

To clarify times..

Friday from 1230pm until late
Saturday 9am until late
Sunday 9am until 5ish

Don't forget that if you are bringing some kit to play in our Bakeoff room, this will start at around 6pm on the Saturday. Looking forward to those phonostage products comming

advertisement

Back