advertisement

The Audio Consultants, High End Hifi Show

Audiman

pfm Member
Many thanks to Steve for putting on a wonderful demo room at the local Crown Plaza in Reading. The Set- up included Luxman, Gutwire, HRS, and more. Comparasons between CD and streaming, very informative. It was all delivered with Steve's usual professionalism and attention to detail. As I couldn't make Munich it was a satisfying alternative. I look forward to the next one.

I just looked up Audio Consultants - they evidentially still haven't found a streamer to sound as good as a good CD player.

I see this time and time again - CD players, all things being equal, bettering streaming as a medium.

I may have to seriously go old-school, reset my sensibilities, and put a good CD player back in the system.

Yes a great event and a very good demonstration of streaming, local ripping and CD. And yes there was a bias, in favour of streaming. The streamer (Innous Statement) is more expensive than the CD Player, a Luxman D-10. And it had much better cables used than the Luxman. If you missed the Show there could be another one on 25th/26th June. If you want that to happen and to attend, e-mail Audio Consultants and pester them to do it again :). If enough people ask it could happen.

If you missed the Show there could be another one on 25th/26th June. If you want that to happen and to attend, e-mail Audio Consultants and pester them to do it again :). If enough people ask it could happen.
Yes I heard there was at least one more planned for this year. Missed this event in favour of the DDRC Bootsale which always take priority!

I just looked up Audio Consultants - they evidentially still haven't found a streamer to sound as good as a good CD player.

I see this time and time again - CD players, all things being equal, bettering streaming as a medium.

I may have to seriously go old-school, reset my sensibilities, and put a good CD player back in the system.

I wouldn’t bother. With a Rossini player the difference between local streaming and playing a CD is so marginal as to be inaudible or inconsequential and certainly couldn’t be picked blind. I use a Pioneer stable platter player with SPDIF to the Rossini DAC. Again a very slightly different “flavour” to local streaming but so little difference it’s a matter of individual preference.

I wouldn’t bother. With a Rossini player the difference between local streaming and playing a CD is so marginal as to be inaudible or inconsequential and certainly couldn’t be picked blind. I use a Pioneer stable platter player with SPDIF to the Rossini DAC. Again a very slightly different “flavour” to local streaming but so little difference it’s a matter of individual preference.

Hmmmm...wasn't at their first show using a Luxman D-10X. One cheap way to find out with a good CD player vs the Innous Statement. Why not try it and hear?

By "streaming" I assume we mean from Tidal or Spotify etc?

IMO a better comparison would be locally stored files versus CD.
I've never found streaming to sound as good as a locally stored file. In my case I suspect it's because streaming uses a software volume control.

advertisement

Back