advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

2026 will very much depend on who gets the new engine regs right. Will max go for the car designer or likely best engine?

Looks like Newey off to Ferrari, who are likely to make the best engine as that is the Ferrari way.

Ferrari did not think that the rules for 2014 for the new powerplant would go ahead so they were a long way behind Merc.
So a great call

Red Bull have certainly made the off track interesting the year. Looks like Merc and RBR may be on the wane. Would be great to see Ferrari and McLaren battling each other for podiums again.

Would be great to see Ferrari and McLaren battling each other for podiums again.

Ferrari? Maybe. McLaren? Who cares? It really isn’t the team I once admired. Everything has changed. The teams have all changed. Simply promotional tools for large, faceless corporations that most of us have never heard of. The great individuals are almost gone.

I’ve a faint recollection of someone here predicting an implosion at the purveyors of canned poison when Mateschitz passed away 18 months ago.

Strong rumour that it's Williams!
Interesting, any sources? Williams are my forever team with sadly not much to celebrate for many years, would be amazing if Newey returned there.

That said, as Tony mentioned re McLaren, Williams are not the team they once were.

Interesting, any sources? Williams are my forever team with sadly not much to celebrate for many years, would be amazing if Newey returned there.

That said, as Tony mentioned re McLaren, Williams are not the team they once were.

What team is? Apart from maybe Ferrari...

So Newey of to Xxxx (Insert your favorite team). That team will then dominate for a number of seasons. Same story again.

Better we do a crowd fund big enough so Adrian goes into retirement.

Reactions: gez

From someone with a very close connection to F1.
It would be great if true. Kind of closing the career loop. I grew up in the era when Williams was THE team and would love to see them a top player once again.

EDIT: My source has confessed that Williams was pure devilment on his part....

Last edited:
From someone with a very close connection to F1.
It would be great if true. Kind of closing the career loop. I grew up in the era when Williams was THE team and would love to see them a top player once again.

EDIT: My source has confessed that Williams was pure devilment on his part....
Adrian left Williams when Frank Williams and Patrick Head decided that they would not give Adrian shares in the company. At the time he was really the Technical Director (TD) and moved to McLaren, where I was working at the time, to be TD in 1997. In 98 we had our first championship win since 1991. Adrian just added the last bit of aero that we needed to create the best car.

Interestingly the 93 McLaren had the best chassis (semi active ride suspension) of the year but the Cosworth engine was 70 HP down on the Renault (in the Williams), which translates to 1.0 to 1.4 secs disadvantage across a range of circuits.

So is that Bottas out of a job, or Zhou? Or both?

I'd bet on both. Neither are setting the world on fire really. BOT is better but Zhou is more marketable due to the China market but ultimately not good enough IMO.

I am very happy for the Hulk, he has got the rough end of the stick on many many occasions, with unlucky race rulings and being tall when teams wanted tiny drivers. I think he is quality, not of the top tier maybe but in that solid - support a superstar; or lead a second tier team. I consider him better than PER but not quite as good as NOR. Lets not forget he was a Ferrari seat contender in his early years.

£159, I still have my ticket somewhere, went to Austria that year too… £67 and you could see half the track. Never liked Silverstone as a spectator, poor view and stupidly expensive.
I was really surprised at just how much difference there is in the price of tickets between GP's. For the price of Silverstone you could probably get a flight to some other GP and save money. IIRC last year when I looked the cheapest tickets were something like £150 in Hungary or somewhere.

I spotted this video this morning

I saw that a couple of days ago too. The issue I have with it though is also noted in quite a few of the comments: it unfairly favours the drivers of the more modern era that have had the longest career, as there are far more races now. I'd like to see the same list but done by average points per race (i.e. take those numbers and divide by total number of races entered - so yes including DNFs, or at least ones that were due to driver error).

NB: That channel has quite a few other rather interesting videos of similar ilk on various topics. e.g. best selling artist.

Lewis and Newey at Ferrari? Anybody else suspect this could have been a package deal from the very beginning?

So a great call
Or Newey was always going that way and he encouraged Ferarri to approach Lewis, or tipped Lewis off? Call me cynical but I find it very hard to believe that a driver by themselves know enough of what's going on to make "good calls". Lucky calls maybe, or they're being advised/tipped off by others.

advertisement

Back