advertisement

The 2020 F1 Season

The Sky programme today had a piece about Michael Schumacher, and during this they showed Schuey’s big off at Silverstone, when he went off with brake failure (?) at the end of the Hangar Straight, over gravel, and into a tyre barrier. He suffered a broken leg. Is Stowe any different now?

I think the brake failure was down to an Engineer not securing a nut sufficiently. Despite his injury, Schumacher refused to point the blame at individual and looked at the incident as a Team issue.

I think the brake failure was down to an Engineer not securing a nut sufficiently. Despite his injury, Schumacher refused to point the blame at individual and looked at the incident as a Team issue.
I was referring to the earlier post about Monza’s safety standards.

Ca-razy race!

I thought there was a strong likelihood of safety car and sure enough, it was a veritable stock-car derby at times, almost. I can't see the track ever holding another F1 race, as amazing as the track is.

Will Lewis get into trouble for the message on his top?

It's hard to not agree with his sentiment but the FIA may feel he's gone too far as they ban political statements...though whether it's political is debatable.

No more political than taking a knee, end racism etc I’d have thought.
The FIA may see it differently...taking the knee was organised and done across the board in that everyone took part even if they didn't all kneel. My guess is they'll ask him not to take personal actions. If they punish him it'll look like they support the killing.

I'm wondering what Petronas think of it. They pay a huge amount of money to have their name emblazoned across his chest when he is stood on the podium. Doubt they are too happy at being hidden under a protest message.

I'm wondering what Petronas think of it. They pay a huge amount of money to have their name emblazoned across his chest when he is stood on the podium. Doubt they are too happy at being hidden under a protest message.

Well his Mercedes team don't have a problem with it, so why should you?

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1305180657140797442?s=20

If Lewis can't make a point about it now (on the verge of being the most successful F1 driver of all time), when should he?

Well his Mercedes team don't have a problem with it, so why should you?

Excuse me? I never mentioned Mercedes, and I never mentioned my own views.

It was a genuine question - the Mercs tend to clear off up the road and often don't get vast amounts of TV time. If Petronas don't get their name up front and personal on the podium either, what return are they getting on their investment?

Excuse me? I never mentioned Mercedes, and I never mentioned my own views.

It was a genuine question - the Mercs tend to clear off up the road and often don't get vast amounts of TV time. If Petronas don't get their name up front and personal on the podium either, what return are they getting on their investment?

"and I never mentioned my own views."

You don't really need to. The only other posts you've made in this thread was to over a collision between Lewis & Albon.

We can all like who we want but trying to start a discussion about the t-shirt under the pretence that you're worried about a teams sponsor is pretty weak. Just say what you mean, I'd have more respect for you if you did TBH.

We can all like who we want but trying to start a discussion about the t-shirt under the pretence that you're worried about a teams sponsor is pretty weak. Just say what you mean, I'd have more respect for you if you did TBH.

I struggle against this sort of thing each and every day at work. “What about white lives matter?” etc, from middle aged white guys who've had a good life on the back of the forces, have never been out of work, have never experienced prejudice. All across East Anglia they can hear my eyes rolling!

advertisement

Back