advertisement

Thames Water

Can I suggest that the ask includes that if Thames Water declares bankruptcy that its debts are left with the shareholders who’ve benefitted from their dividends and NOT from public taxes.
That might incentivise shareholders to avoid voting to for unethical levels of dividends.

Agree 100%. Shareholders should go to zero.

Yep, we humans should abolish it.
We should. We mostly certainly should. But quietly.

By “we humans” I take it to mean that ‘the other side’ are all alien beings, monsters from outta space. With the big bug eyes, and a Jacob Rees Mogg stare.

But the other side are not aliens. They’re worse. Far, far worse.

Some of them are Spurs fans. Totally amoral beings with no sense of right or wrong.

7092087cf3bfdeae0f00ae5c5e92c6392bd8cf6e_2_932x1000.jpeg

Water Industry lobbying body Water UK have written to the House of Commons’ environmental audit committee to say the industry's problems are nothing to do with loading the firms up with billions of pounds of dept and giving the cash to their shareholders - it's actually all the fault of OFWAT because they keep sending emails demanding business plans and stuff.

OFWAT clearly are at fault. But not because they've been sending out too many emails.

Looking at the score of the pretty right-wing place I come from, this particular chart does not exactly prove that neoliberalism is the problem.

Not that neoliberalism isn't a problem - I agree it is. But it doesn't necessarily destroy a country.

Water Industry lobbying body Water UK have written to the House of Commons’ environmental audit committee to say the industry's problems are nothing to do with loading the firms up with billions of pounds of dept and giving the cash to their shareholders - it's actually all the fault of OFWAT because they keep sending emails demanding business plans and stuff.

OFWAT clearly are at fault. But not because they've been sending out too many emails.

I wonder if that was suggested by some pratt working for a government think tank.
Just imagine their days;
“Hey, Huw, we’ve been paid a million quid to try to convince the public that drilling for oil in Birmingham is in publics interest.
What do you think, how does this headline grab you “commies have been undermining the benefits of Brexit by opposing investment in ensuring future energy for the UK?”
Now, pass me the cocaine…”.

River water is full of cråp, tap water is full of bugs. Look like Brexit Island has been drifting southwards...

I see Anglian Water was fined £2.6 million for discharging sewage into the sea at Jaywick.

We'll have no jokes about it being a s***hole anyway.

It is seriously bad.

They wouldn't have dumped it at Southwold. The posh residents would not put up with that.

An admission by the EA that they're unable to force the water companies to stop polluting the rivers.
Privatisation isn't working and it's killing our rivers.

The government has suspended all applications for bathing water status in waterways, delaying the cleanup of rivers and coastal waters for at least two years.
One member of an environmental NGO said: “There is a suspicion that the applications have been halted because the Environment Agency and the water companies won’t be able to keep up with making the improvements needed.”

advertisement

Back