advertisement

Tesla robot

Alex Jones conspiracy voice pack, racism emulator, and transphobic cry-whining assumed preinstalled.

I want to see more dumber robots. The super duper halo ones are great, but it's like dreaming of a Lamborghini when you are currently walking to work and what you really need is a Hyundai i20.

I want to see more dumber robots. The super duper halo ones are great, but it's like dreaming of a Lamborghini when you are currently walking to work and what you really need is a Hyundai i20.

plenty building harvesting robots that are affordable for the producers, reproduceable and easy to setup. No one is going to produce halo ones if they want sales - maybe for R&D.

plenty building harvesting robots that are affordable for the producers, reproduceable and easy to setup. No one is going to produce halo ones if they want sales - maybe for R&D.
So you would hope, but here at the coalface in the last 2 years I have only seen one in use, palletising boxes. Only one sort of box, mind. I mean, it's 2023 FFS. None at the current site of course. The "new" oven is 1985. I'm not kidding. There's one from 1958. I'm serious. R&D? Well now.

To be fair there is a robot at KP's Rotherham site, it reads the outer case barcodes and then puts the box on the right pallet, so it can pack 4 lines at once. I was there in 2017 ish. Similar stuff at their other sites. Jesus though, it's not rocket science.

is this doing anything that the Honda Asimo wasn't doing ten years ago ? Running and hopping on the spot were pretty impressive in 2015 when I saw the demo at the Honda museum.

advertisement

Back