advertisement

Temu Google ads on PFM

It's not a scam site but it is Chinese, selling cheap stuff, copycat stuff, unregulated stuff and therefore trashing the UK and EU economy for retailers everywhere. The product listings seem to be not at all monitored by Temu, the Chinese government is paying for cargo ships to be delivered into our ports and then the Chinese retailer gets the benefit of the International Postal Agreement, which is an agreement that means that national postal services in developed countries must deliver parcels for free from developing countries. And the International Postal Agreement still classifies China as a developing country. I'm out of date a bit on this, so may need someone to update of confirm if this is still the case.

I would have thought it would be much better if we all clicked the Temu ad every time we saw it, giving Tony some money and putting a micro dint in Temu's net profits?

It's not a scam site but it is Chinese, selling cheap stuff, copycat stuff, unregulated stuff and therefore trashing the UK and EU economy for retailers everywhere. The product listings seem to be not at all monitored by Temu, the Chinese government is paying for cargo ships to be delivered into our ports and then the Chinese retailer gets the benefit of the International Postal Agreement, which is an agreement that means that national postal services in developed countries must deliver parcels for free from developing countries. And the International Postal Agreement still classifies China as a developing country. I'm out of date a bit on this, so may need someone to update of confirm if this is still the case.

I would have thought it would be much better if we all clicked the Temu ad every time we saw it, giving Tony some money and putting a micro dint in Temu's net profits?
If only we had a government committed to consumer protection ...

Your click suggestion is attractive but fraudulent unfortunately. That is, a site owner can't prevent visitors clicking on ads in the hope of benefiting the site or harming the advertiser, but significant amounts of this and the clicks will be wiped and I suspect the site could even be penalised.

advertisement

Back