advertisement

TeluriumQ speaker cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loub is an anti-cable evangelist for some reason best kept to himself. There is certainly no logic to his froth.

Anecdotally when first confronted with the notion that cables and interconnects could affect the sound emerging from the speakers back in 1998 when I started out in this hobby as a teacher, my reaction was one of incredulity. I had budgeted for amp and speakers using my Technics portable CD player as the source. When a couple of dealers in Northampton told me that I needed to allow for cables as well that were better than the freebie interconnects and bellwire from B&Q I took an instant dislike to these sales people who were seemingly trying to make me part with more cash than I'd originally intended. This sentiment was reinforced when they suggested that my portable CD player was no good either. Surely all CD players sound the same. 1s and 0s are just that, surely?

Thus I began as a sceptic but changed my mind when I felt confident enough to be able to identify cable changes that were not subtle and could also be accounted for electrically.

I remember walking into Acoustica in Stafford (now Music Matters) in the summer of 2000. John, the owner wanted to demonstrate some Nordost Solar Wind speaker cable with a Densen/Focal system in place of the NACA5 that all Naim dealers seemed to get away with using in all applications. At the time the NACA5 was only £6/metre. I can't remember how much the Nordost was but it was considerably more expensive.

To my ears it sounded dreadful in place of the NACA5 even in this non-Naim system. The bass was one-noted and there was this graininess to the sound across the entire frequency range.

The cable was tried with different combinations of equipment with similar results with which John and I were in agreement. I imagined that he sent it back to the Nordost rep.

A couple of weeks later I returned to the shop by appointment. When I arrived I heard music playing from the dem room situated to the left of the main showroom. It sounded coarse and grainy with that one-note bass. I did not enter the room to see what system the music was being played through. I just said,

"John, you've put those bloody awful Nordost Solar Wind speaker cables in, haven't you?"

I then entered the room to see for myself and there they were those bluey white ribbons strewn across the floor. In case anyone thinks I may simply have had an arbitrary and irrational dislike of Nordost, I was using Solar Wind interconnects at home. Using the speaker cable as well seemed entirely logical. That aside, I had identified them blind and against expectation that they would even still be in the shop.

However, the proof of the pudding was in the eating. Always try before you buy. I lived with NACA5 that withstood several upgrades elsewhere in my system for another 5 years before trying Mogami.

I'm currently using some DIY cables made from 6mm earth wire twisted and covered in a fabric braid. They cost me £35 for the spades and bananas plus postage from my mate Mike who is good at this sort of thing.

Hi You,

No I use Ultra Black and Green driven from a SECA 5W amp made from a duff PC, now the digital lies from the duff PC does something lovely, and Linear.
My Cable are just 1.5M The Ultra Black are in Parallel with the Green, the Amp runs on +-12V Pb Cells from a old UPS, it sounds great smooth, dynamic, and real. You should try it and make your own, just need a little skill and patients.
Oh and you brand of hand shake may mean you might need help from a friend, is it like Parkinsons?:)
(****onium Q is this a result of you being conned in the past or you conned some poor soul, you do seemed to use lots. ????or is it a spelling problem like mine, it is Tellurium Q easy see.)

Hey! Don't get mad at me. You're the one that decided to promote their product on an open internet forum. Next time you should hire a professional audio reviewer on one of the mags.

You must be aware that many people consider your product a scam. Choose a forum where you or someone you trust can control "who posts what" for better results.

Louballoo

Hey! Don't get mad at me. You're the one that decided to promote their product on an open internet forum. Next time you should hire a professional audio reviewer on one of the mags.

You must be aware that many people consider your product a scam. Choose a forum where you or someone you trust can control "who posts what" for better results.

Louballoo

Hey Louballoo,

I am not mad at you at all, I just wish you would be a little more open.
As to paying for reviews, forget it that happens far to much and is very open to corruptions, that is not me. The general public like you and Steve are the end users and a true honest feedback is all I am asking for, but you can't do that if you have never listened can you? The feedback allow me and other to go away and re-think our designs, not how we can steal more money from you and others, yesterday I had a lovely chat with a customer in Sweden, he did not have a clue who I was and the feedback will and is being explored now. He was so upset when he found it was me, that he started to back track, forget listen tell me so I can get it right if possible, **** of Driud Q does not help, does it!!! :rolleyes:
Now you have a nice lovely day, me I am not allowed to lift a kettle, I hate being ill.:)

Colin
You ask for true and honest feedback. Here it is straight and true.
Just before Christmas I had a bit of money burning a hole in my pocket. I popped into my local dealership and picked up a pair of the black speaker cable.
That night I removed my NAC A5 and popped in the black.
The difference was immediate and quite substantial. The bass definition improved I instantly heard detail that caught me by surprise , cymbals sounded much more real and less harsh. And every thing hung together and sounded like real instruments rather than a hifi reproduction.
May I suggest people hear a product before they slate it, thus making comments credible.

Sovereign you have provided the cue for some nihilist to mention expectation bias and delusion. Some people believe that not even grown ups can be left to make up their own minds. They believe that it is their duty to save mere mortals from themselves. It is a f*cking arrogant crusade but there you have it.

Guys, to be fair, Loubaloo (presumably named after the 1960's children's tv puppet (a bit weird, I admit) lives in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have a hope in hell's chance of hearing any of the equipment or cables that we get to hear whenever we like. So you can understand his frustration and the fact that this manifests itself though his uninformed scepticism. Nothing unusual in that. Cut him some slack.

<moderating>

I'm going to close this thread now as it has become more than somewhat pointless and cyclic, plus it sails far too close to breaching pfm's trade policy (detailed in the forum FAQ).

Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back