advertisement

"Telly Trouble"

Depending on signal strength you might be able to install an aerial in your loft. It's pretty much a DIY job and it's protected from the weather. I've got two UHF and two VHF aerials in my loft space and they work well.
Me too - handy for hanging the Christmas decorations on when not in use :D

Roku 4K streaming stick is £20 currently. The channels available are shown in the text:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09HMN88PC/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I have one on an old Australian TV that only picks up limited UK channels, and it works very well.
The basic Roku is brilliant and excellent value. I bought one for a friend who has an old dumb TV and no aerial but she does have a broadband connection. It's more than adequate for Freeview stuff.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
If you do, add a decent FM aerial for the tuner; you know it makes sense ;)

Obv. big enough to hold a reception party, Mike!:) That's a lot of antennae in one loft space !
Not really that big Mike. It's just a plain rectangular late 1970s four bed house. The aerials themselves are quite small - ie not large high-gain jobbies - as I have line of sight to our local relay transmitter about 2 miles down the road. The only exception is the 8 element VHF aerial pointing at France which just lies on the floor for me to trip over.

advertisement

Back