advertisement

Tellurium Q Black - a good match for my system or too much?

and Tony Faulkner, record engineer Jedi famously used orange extension cord for his monitors.......i trust his ears more than anyones.

Cables just don't make any difference, because they cannot..not in our world, governed by our physics laws.

The Earth may be flat for you, god poor devil no sound stage in your world just flat.

Ohms,Faraday,Maxwell,Tesla,Litz,Newton, are all wrong! and Professional Hi-fi reviewers are all wrong to, and the guy that listen are deaf and wrong, because the Earth is flat, no you got be joking. Are you not you devil ???
:(

Hello Colin, I take your point.

However, if the design spec says x uF, at y Volts and requires an impedance of z Ohms from a Hz to b kHz, the official objectivist line is that changing to a different design with the same specifications won't affect the sound, or that small deviations from the specification will, in all likelihood, be inaudible.

However, Arkless (whose opinion I'm particularly interested in on this topic) makes a living from upgrading equipment by changing such components, then posts on here that cables don't make any material difference (certainly not enough to justify their price) and mains cables can't make a difference.

He's not alone, but I am particularly interested in his answer to my question because I'm interested to learn how he squares this particular circle.

I did a little experiment with some Belden 2.5mm per core mains flex against my then Sommercable Eclipse 240 a few months ago. The Belden sounded like the HF drivers weren't working. The differences are not subtle.

Mains Cables first understand what they do, in nearly all cases the load is not resistive so now think why a cable should make a acoustic signature.
The Capacitor check all the above then is this all the spec on the device no I think not.
Physical and electrical must be considered read these specs and is this enough to design a crossover for example . http://www.paktron.com/products/index.php

V,uF,Z is not enough info to get a complete view on how it will sound what about Q,L,ESR, ESL,Theta, etc

advertisement

Back