advertisement

TEDDYXPS and Naim NDX2

chmmrt

Hi,
I've just noticed that the current Teddy Pardo TEDDYXPS is now compatible with the NDX2.
Is anyone using this setup? What are the results like? Have you compared with the Naim XPS DR etc?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

I've got the TP XPS on my NDS and it works fine. (No cash to compare to the Naim product)
I then added an XPS Plus once funds allowed and it was a very nice uplift.

I've got the TP XPS on my NDS and it works fine. (No cash to compare to the Naim product)
I then added an XPS Plus once funds allowed and it was a very nice uplift.
+1. I went from a 555 on an NDS to Teddy’s. I prefer them. To be fair, some don’t, describing the Teddy’s as overly analytical. I like as much detail as possible. You pays your money……

+1. I went from a 555 on an NDS to Teddy’s. I prefer them. To be fair, some don’t, describing the Teddy’s as overly analytical. I like as much detail as possible. You pays your money……

I'm with you on that one - I like information, and the Pardo simply allows more through. I also think the Pardo is smoother than the XPS-DR.

@chmmrt - Congrats on newborn! Truly one of life's greatest joys!

I'm running my NDX2 with a Teddy xps. I like the uplift in sound quality (flows a bit better, more detail), and the fact that it's not a whole rack shelf and was reasonably priced helped

I have a TP XSP, and it does what Jono says. I've never directly compared it with Naim's, however. One thing I don't understand is how TP can make them so light. The Naim XPS is, yes, four times the size, which in my mind is a drawback. But the Naim must also be five or six times as heavy. I know the TP website says, "superior design," etc., but how can the power supply inside the TP casing be so light? The late PR1 (TP preamp that was discontinued) was the same, by the way.

I have a TP XSP, and it does what Jono says. I've never directly compared it with Naim's, however. One thing I don't understand is how TP can make them so light. The Naim XPS is, yes, four times the size, which in my mind is a drawback. But the Naim must also be five or six times as heavy. I know the TP website says, "superior design," etc., but how can the power supply inside the TP casing be so light? The late PR1 (TP preamp that was discontinued) was the same, by the way.
As above. The TP website has (or used to have) a very good description of the difference in design philosophy between the TP and Naim. Do a bit of searching, it’s probably still there.

I use a current spec Teddy XPS with my 272, and enjoy the improvement. I bought it (XPS) on here for about 1/2 new price Tbh and I have no idea how it sounds against an XPS-DR, cos even s/h they’re way too expensive for me!

[Is it the ‘same’ now after inflation is taken into account, or was (new) olive gear ‘less expensive’? Although I bought some things s/h back then, there’s no way I could afford the 250/SC/82/CDS equivalent today, and I’m paid more and have fewer mouths to feed!]

I use a Teddy pardo on my Naim unitiserv ( Naim don't have one for that).
However I opted for the XPS-DR on my 272 and the sonic improvement was obvious.
I dont know how the Teddy pardo compares however I would be nervous about warranty on new Naim gear if a third party causes an issue.
Also clearly Naim have designed PSU's for their range so i guess depends on what has been spent on the Naim kit.
Teddy pardo on XS range maybe great - but not so sure on say NDX2 282 252 or 500 series.

I use a Teddy pardo on my Naim unitiserv ( Naim don't have one for that).
However I opted for the XPS-DR on my 272 and the sonic improvement was obvious.
I dont know how the Teddy pardo compares however I would be nervous about warranty on new Naim gear if a third party causes an issue.
Also clearly Naim have designed PSU's for their range so i guess depends on what has been spent on the Naim kit.
Teddy pardo on XS range maybe great - but not so sure on say NDX2 282 252 or 500 series.
I had a 555 on my NDS and a 2*SCDR on my 252 & Superline. I now have TP.

I tried an XPS-DR on my nDAC and on an NDX2 and NDS. I preferred the Pardo. It was smoother, more detailed, and had a greater sense of ease. the XPS-DR felt a bit . . . forced in comparison.

I felt the Xps dr added nothing to my 272 when I had it.... in fact I preferred the bass without it...so sold it on pronto

advertisement

Back