advertisement

Teddy Pardo TXPS 272 Recommendation

graeme h

pfm Member
Having had lots of Naim PS's on and off over the years I thought I'd try the more affordable TXPS.

It's an excellent addition to the 272. Highly recommended for sound, service & vfm.

G

Having had lots of Naim PS's on and off over the years I thought I'd try the more affordable TXPS.

It's an excellent addition to the 272. Highly recommended for sound, service & vfm.

G

I've owned lots of TP power supplies... currently running 2 TP supercaps... 1 on my 252 and one on my Superline. I've never even heard a Naim Supercap in my system.... just went with TP as it was much more affordable entry point. I've never felt like I'm lacking for anything.

I've owned lots of TP power supplies... currently running 2 TP supercaps... 1 on my 252 and one on my Superline. I've never even heard a Naim Supercap in my system.... just went with TP as it was much more affordable entry point. I've never felt like I'm lacking for anything.

If you are happy with the Teddy Supercap there is no need to try the Naim Supercap. Having said that, I own both Dual Teddycap and Hicap DR and find both to have different sound presentation when used on the NAC 202 and NAC 282. The Naim unit has more drive in the mid bass while the Teddy Pardo sounds smoother and cleaner due to lesser mid bass. Both will improve on the Naim units and the choice will be dependent on listening taste or preferences, apart from factors such as value or service. The Teddy units surely represent great value. With zero cost of servicing factored in, the value becomes more unbeatable.

advertisement

Back