advertisement

Teddy Pardo Supercap connection to Naim NAP 300

bobdog377

Hi All
Just upgraded to a NAP 300 from a 250.2 which I want connect to my NAC282 via a Teddy Pardo Supercap. The problem I have is the online manual for the TPSC only shows connections to the power amp via a single cable ,but the 300 has 2 mono connections and I'm uncertain as to which of the other two 4 pin DIN sockets to use? Anybody out there in Hi-Fi land with the same kit or info?
I've tried messaging Teddy Pardo via their website but the message fails and suggests I try again later.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Ro

You really need to get this info from TP rather than risk damaging your equipment. It might seem that the obvious solution would be to use a DIN splitter correctly wired and terminated for the NAP300 inputs but I wouldn’t do anything without confirming with TP first.

Hi All
Just upgraded to a NAP 300 from a 250.2 which I want connect to my NAC282 via a Teddy Pardo Supercap. The problem I have is the online manual for the TPSC only shows connections to the power amp via a single cable ,but the 300 has 2 mono connections and I'm uncertain as to which of the other two 4 pin DIN sockets to use? Anybody out there in Hi-Fi land with the same kit or info?
I've tried messaging Teddy Pardo via their website but the message fails and suggests I try again later.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Ro
If you look at the manual, it shows the 4 pin next to the Burndy connection being used to output to a stereo amp. It also shows the other 4 pin at the top being used to take a stereo signal to a Nait. Both therefore provide a stereo output for a power amp. The two mono leads for the 300 can therefore connect to the top two 4 pin sockets. It won’t matter which lead connects to which as the sockets are both stereo. The important thing is to connect the green banded lead to ch1 on the 300 head unit.

That will get you going. It may be that Teddy advise a different combination for a 300, which may sound better due to signal paths, but using any of the three outputs should be fine.

Hi,

If TP's Supercap is wired like the Naim one, you need two cables DIN 4-pin, 240° to XLRs, each of which has a specific wiring in the XLR plug. Maybe Teddy Pardo can supply those.

Sorry, arrived just a moment after HH.

You really need to get this info from TP rather than risk damaging your equipment. It might seem that the obvious solution would be to use a DIN splitter correctly wired and terminated for the NAP300 inputs but I wouldn’t do anything without confirming with TP first.

If you look at the manual, it shows the 4 pin next to the Burndy connection being used to output to a stereo amp. It also shows the other 4 pin at the top being used to take a stereo signal to a Nait. Both therefore provide a stereo output for a power amp. The two mono leads for the 300 can therefore connect to the top two 4 pin sockets. It won’t matter which lead connects to which as the sockets are both stereo. The important thing is to connect the green banded lead to ch1 on the 300 head unit.

That will get you going. It may be that Teddy advise a different combination for a 300, which may sound better due to signal paths, but using any of the three outputs should be fine.

Hi,

If TP's Supercap is wired like the Naim one, you need two cables DIN 4-pin, 240° to XLRs, each of which has a specific wiring in the XLR plug. Maybe Teddy Pardo can supply those.

Sorry, arrived just a moment after HH.

Hi all
Thanks for the prompt replies ,I was fairly certain that the 2 top 4 pin sockets were the correct one's but its always nice to have somebody hold your hand so thanks especially Hungry Halibut.
Cheers Ro

advertisement

Back