advertisement

Teddy Pardo Speaker Cable and Speaker Connections

Stemcor

I should be listening to music
I thought it was time to try Teddy's speaker cables. There was a pair offered for sale here and it was too good a price to refuse so I'm now the owner of a pair of cables.

They have WBT-610cu NextGen banana plugs. These are a perfect for the WBT sockets on my MB100s. However, my speakers are Naim IBLs which have recessed speaker sockets. If you look at the sockets you see 2 holes into which the speaker plugs fit. Unfortunately for me, the WBT-610CU has a small plastic plug which runs almost parallel to the speaker plug. This stops me from inserting the speaker plug into the speaker.

I suppose that I could just cut the plastic plug but not sure if this is appropriate. Are there adaptors available (I couldn't find one on the web) or is there a solution of which I am unaware ?

Many thanks for your posts.

I have taken your advice. First listen to the cable and I'm enjoying what I'm hearing. Instruments sound more "real" and a greatser sense of a band playing. Drums sound more like skins being hit. This could be a very good purchase.

Many thanks for your posts.

I have taken your advice. First listen to the cable and I'm enjoying what I'm hearing. Instruments sound more "real" and a greatser sense of a band playing. Drums sound more like skins being hit. This could be a very good purchase.

For me it was much better than the naca 5 I had previously.

The Teddy replaces some Avondale cable which I thought was a sonic and aesthetic improvement over A5. I'm looking (listening ?) forward to hearing improvements as the cables bed-in.

advertisement

Back