advertisement

Teddy Pardo PR1 connections

Tim Purley

Hear today
Have just become the excited owner of a Teddy Pardo PR1 / MB100 combo. Obviously pre-loved as no longer produced by TP. Unfortunately, the PR1 did not come with an explanation of what each of the six pairs of inputs / outputs is! Before I risk a bit of trial and error, does anyone know where I can find guidance (have tried messaging / emailing TP but not had a response)?

Hi
I’ve got a PR1, and have just dug the instruction leaflet out.
There are 7 pairs of connectors. Working from the far right as you look directly from the back (ie the end furthest from the power socket). These are:
1 to 4 inputs
5 Home theatre input
6 Out to MB100s
7 Headphone
Have fun!

The other possibility is that the last output may be variable rather than fixed-level line out. This option would be handy if you're going to bi-amp speakers. Try connecting using it as a line out first and see if it's fixed-level or not. I mean, you don't want to connect a power amp to it thinking it's variable when in fact it's fixed as you'll probably just blow something, like your ear drums, woofers, tweeters or something like that!

Be careful if doing that. When I moved and set up my system again I didn't look at the manual and used 7 as out and nearly made my ears bleed!
When I ordered mine, I asked for an extra output in case I wanted to bi-amp but have never used it. Thinking back to the info that was on the TP site at the time if an extra output was specified on ordering it would replace input 4.

I’ve just swapped outputs on mine. If your PR1 has an extra set of outputs it will be the 4th set of connectors ie what would otherwise be the last input

Many thanks all - think we're getting there. My version only has six inputs / outputs and a control dial labelled 1 to 4 and HT. On the basis of your really helpful replies, I'm assuming that, looking from the back, and numbering right to left, 1 to 4 can be used for any input device, 5 for Home Theatre and 6, which is slightly apart from the other five, as the output to the 100s. As soon as the new interconnects arrive (switching from NAIM!), I'll give it a (cautious) try! Supplementary query - as this is my first use of monoblocks, which speaker takes the red feed and which the white!?

Hi, that should be correct. There is a slight gap between the 5 inputs (including HT) and the 2 outputs on mine.
Red goes to right M100 / speaker as you look at them from the front
:)

Thanks everyone - PR1 / MB100s up and running with no embarrassing silences or ear / cone shattering blasts, following your guidance. Steadily burning in.

I purchased my PR1 / MB100s new and experienced that the sound went from mediocre to fantastic during the burn in time – which I think was about 3 weeks, for me.
Have fun with 'em; really great amps!

advertisement

Back