advertisement

Technics SL1200 MK2 Arm rewire kit

Alex S

carbon based lifeform
Hello, I tried a thread in the audio room but here might work better.

I’m looking for someone to advise, better still supply, the titled kit. Happy to pay of course.

Alex

Many say the stock wiring is rubbish and improvement is to be had in it's replacement. I'm clueless/agnostic. Do you think the job is too tricky or that no real benefit will be had, or both?

Many say the stock wiring is rubbish and improvement is to be had in it's replacement. I'm clueless/agnostic. Do you think the job is too tricky or that no real benefit will be had, or both?

I wouldn't expect it to be anything less than very fiddly.... and as you will probably be aware I'm firmly in the "wire's wire" camp...

Good. That’s probably something I needn’t do then. I’m a properly made/matched wire is wire person.

I’ve looked at tutorials and rewiring the Technics falls into nightmare territory.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It made a significant difference when I rewired my SME 3009 mk2 but the wire was old and delicate it fell to pieces as I pulled it through the arm
Alan

Can anyone do this for me in London, for an appropriate fee, food, drink, undying gratitude?

I will purchase a kit from Kevin/Kabusa that makes things a little easier apparently.

I have 2 1200s. They are now heavily modified. When they had the standard arm fitted I found no change when I rewired. I also found that the wire I had purchased was not quite as flexible as the original. I did my utmost to ensure I used the exact wire route of the original technics installation. It was noticeable when the stylus was lowered onto a disc with a less positive vertical drop than the original. One can get into a heavy discussion as to the "effect"of different wire due to the interwire capacitance and how that reacts with the imput impedance of your phono pre.
Id keep my money.

Why would it be rubbish? It is perfectly adequate.
Leave it alone.
Cardas is (expensive) snake oil.

advertisement

Back